Chapter 17: Send Me Your Location

Mark awoke instantly. His body was numb from Luna lying on top of him on the couch. He put the dream aside and lay there staring at Luna sleeping so peacefully. He couldn't think of a sight more tranquil. He checked the time as Luna still had to get to school. They had another hour before she had to leave, so he left her sleeping and quietly but very painfully got up, getting pins and needles the second he did. He got dressed and got all of Luna's things ready. He then checked his phone and to his surprise had received a bunch of messages from his friends. He then realised that his location had been on all night and that it was there for anyone to see. He opened the group chat and like he suspected, all the messages were about him and Luna. Mark face palmed at his own ignorance. How could he have been so stupid. Now the whole school would know about the two of them, just like in his dream.

Luna had woken up and went upstairs to get ready for school when she had seen Mark face palm. She spoke up asking why he had done that. Mark grimaced and slowly turned around. He showed her the messages. She was confused as to how they had found out. Mark then explained how there was a slight possibility that he had left his location on and since his friend had seen her go into her house after getting off the bus, they had figured it out. Luna started to shout at Mark for his idiocity, but then refrained herself from doing so anymore, knowing that it could happen to anybody. So instead she said, "You better get ready then." Mark asked why. "You have to get ready because we are going to school and we are going to take anything that is thrown at us and use it to make us stronger. There's no point in hiding it anymore, plus you haven't been to school for like over a week." Mark protested saying that it was too similar to his dream but Luna just used that as a further reason to prove that they should. Mark, having no way out of it, agreed, and also got ready. It didn't matter that Mark had no suit to wear as the doctors had told him to wear extremely comfortable clothes for the next two weeks at least. Mark waited for Luna by the front door and tried once more to get out of going, knowing that the day ahead would be awful, but they stepped outside anyway.

Luna shut the door behind her and locked it twice over. Mark looked at her oddly and all she could say was, "oh shut up, ok". Mark started walking towards the bus stop 30 metres down the road when Luna asked him where he was going. Mark, remembering his dream, walked back to her. She jokingly commented "good boy" and they burst out laughing, lightening the mood between them.