Chapter 16: The Red Sea

Luna called Paul and asked if he could go round to Mark's house and check up on him, seeing as he hadn't been in for three days. Paul agreed as he too was worried about him. He asked Luna if she knew of anything that might have caused him to be this way. Luna then told him that she had called things off between them after the hate they had received. Paul was once again angry with Luna as this was obviously the reason why Mark had been hiding. He asked Luna why she had thought that was a good idea as that would only increase the amount of hate, and that of course Mark wouldn't take it well. He said to Luna that breaking up with him was worse than falling out with him when they were friends, as it was as if she had teased him then ripped out his heart. Luna apologised and felt terrible yet again but made sure that Paul went straight to his house.

Paul knocked on the door, half-expecting nobody to answer, when the door opened. No-one had opened the door itself and Paul was nervous about what he might find. Paul searched the whole house until he came to Mark's room. The door was ajar, and he saw his friend asleep on the mattress on the floor. He opened the door further and saw the hunting knife that had dark red stains along the edge. He put two and two together and lifted the duvet off of his friend. He broke into tears at the sight of his friend's body. Red lines covered his arms, legs and torso, blood soaked his whole body. At this point Paul actually had to check that Mark was just sleeping and wasn't dead. He found his heartbeat and breathed a sigh of relief. He then slapped his friend awake.