Chapter 20: Prisoner in your own Home

Mark stood outside his house and looked up at his bedroom window to find that the curtain had been drawn. He opened the door quietly, so as to not alert Sol of his arrival. He very quickly noticed the drawn out silence and the fact that he was sneaking around in his own home. Mark didn't bother to check downstairs at all as he knew it would all be going down in his bedroom. He tiptoed up the stairs, being careful to avoid the places where they tended to creak underfoot.

He saw that his door was closed so he went up to the outside of his bedroom, listening closely for any sort of noise. He swung the door open expecting to find Luna tied up in the corner, but he found no such thing. They were nowhere to be seen. He was just bringing out his phone to call his friends, when the door shut behind him.

Sol walked out from behind the door, rubbing his face from where the door had apparently hit him. Mark turned around but still couldn't see Luna anywhere. Mark asked Sol what he had done with Luna and he just replied with she's safe but you'll never find her. Sol took out the pistol that Mark had seen in his dream and held it up to Mark's heart.

Sol said to Mark, "You don't deserve her love, you stole her from me with some dodgy trick. So I'm going to finish what you started. I'm going to shoot you in the heart to symbolise the fact that she broke your heart, all those months ago. You will not be able to stop me because I know that you still have doubts about your relationship and worry that she will once again break your heart. In fact, you want me to do this don't you. You want me to end it for you, right here, right now. Well, you're a lucky man Mark, because your wish is about to come true."