Chapter 3

As we drove up to Starbucks, we were about order our drinks and when the guy there stared at me suspiciously I noticed he took a deep breath. And then he groweled at me. I stiffened and had to suppress a growl. Sam noticed be cause she immediately took action.

"Hey Walter, me and my friend would like 2 Caramel frapachinos. Thank you."

I could tell he was trying to not growl

"Ok sure Sam I will get those for you."

He winked at her and then she giggled. I groaned internally. Someone's got it bad. I tried to suppress a smirk but I'm not sure it worked. When Sam was going through her bag looking for money, Walter signaled to me to come closer. Then he talked to me with a husky whisper,

"I know your a rouge, wolf, and let's just say I'm not afraid to turn you in to the alpha."

"Well,"

I said,

"It's a good thing I'm going to talk to him about joining the pack then."

Walter didn't take that to well. His face turned beet red and then I smirked.

"Here you go Walter. I put in a little tip for you."

He smiled at her sweetly.

"Thanks I'll remember it."

Sam giggled again. I just suppressed a sigh.

"Come on Sam. I know you had something you wanted to show me?"

"Oh that's right! I did! Let's go!"

She grabbed my arm and we walked out with our drinks that I managed to grab before Sam dragged us out of there.

"What's up with Walter? I don't think he likes me."

"Well, Walter doesn't like new people much."

I snort.

"How inconvenient considering where he works"

Sam just laughs.

"Come then let's go."

When we got to the pack house my first reaction was OMG what in the world!?! But then Sam told me most of the pack lived there. So that explained why the building was about 7-8 stories tall and it was really long. I'm pretty sure it could hold about 5,ooo but that is most likely stretching it a tad bit (just a little bit).

The paint color was a deep mahogany that seemed to matched the colors of the trees surrounding the pack house. Sam grabbed my arm and almost literally dragged me in there. And that did NOT make me happy, but I didn't say anything.

I watched Sam's eyes glaze over.

"You mind linking the alpha?"

"Hu? Oh yeah he has time to see us now. Come on let's go."

Oh great what if he doesn't like me and decides to not accept me? What if I have to be officially labeled a rogue?

That would be awful. I would be one of those things that tore into my home one night and slaughtered my family in front of me. I would rather die than be one of them.

I suddenly was aware of Sam snapping her fingers in front of my face.

"Hello! Earth to Crystal! The alpha is ready to talk to you. Oh while your in there I'll wait out here for you m-kay?"

"Ok. Whatever you say."

I mumbled. I'm sure she heard me but she just pushed me into the office. I have to say the alpha was almost a spitting image of his son, Gavin. Almost. Except his eye color is blue, a blue that makes you think that he will not hesitate to kill you. Gavin's eyes though, are warm and inviting. He must have gotten them from his mom.

"Hello you must be Crystal. The new pup from some where in Idaho. Correct?"

I gulped and nodded my head.

"Ok first I want you to explain to me why you moved in with your aunt and why your old pack labeled you a rogue."

I just nodded. As I started I didn't noticed the new presence in the room.

"Well, this one night we were celebrating my younger brother finally shifting for the first time. I smelled something off and right as I was about to tell my dad, 5 rogues smashed through our windows and through the door. We tried to fight them off but they over powered us and for some cruel reason the decided to murder my family-"

I had to stop to suppress a sob building up.

"-right in front off me and we all tried to mind link the alpha, but he ignored us. So I watched them slowly and painfully kill my father and my mother, then they killed my younger brother who was 15 that day. They left me there and I haven't seen them since. I personally think my alpha hired them to get rid of my family because he never liked me or what I said to him that one time.l He kicked me out of the pack when he got everybody to believe that I had killed my own family."

I lowered my head in shame and started crying harder than I ever had before. Suddenly, warm, strong arms came around me and I immediately knew it was Gavin. I felt myself calming down enough to bring my head up to face Gavin's father. He looked truly mad, truly angry. But the question was, was he mad at me? Then he said words I never thought I would ever hear again.

"Crystal Goodwater I herby decree that you are now officially a member of my pack and we will protect you and won't turn our backs on you. Not like your old pack."

With that he left the room, and I started to cry harder, this time with tears of joy and relief. Gavin walked around the chair I was sitting on and putt me in his lap where we comforted each other only as mates ever could.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~I know that this isn't as long as chapter 2 but I tried to get in as much detail as possible with the reason why she left her own pack. To be honest I kind felt like crying. Yeah I know that makes me wuss and a baby but when something like that happens even if it isn't real, I will cry. Thanks for bearing with my cry babyness