Eighth Chapter

❝If you have fallen down, you cannot go further down, so pick yourself up and aim high, you've got nothing to lose.❞

- Unarine Ramaru

[ H U N T E R   W I L L I A M S ]

I woke up to the rain lightly tapping my bedroom window, I had locked myself up in my room for three days, putting the world on hold. The sound the raindrops made when they connected with the glass was oddly soothing, helped me calm down my thoughts.

It was around seven o'clock on a Friday morning and I had finally managed to muster up the strength to attend school. As a somewhat responsible person, I knew that taking unannounced breaks from your responsibilities was a dumb move. But I doubt I could've focused much on my studies with my head being in absolute shambles.

As therapeutic as the break from the outside world was, I was all but ready to overcome my demons, partially because of the dreadful talk my mother and I had last evening.

Never in a million years would I have thought that Bailey was as malicious as she had been all along. She had told my mother that I was the one who cheated on her and that I just straight up dumped her without any explanation. The worst part is that my mother ate it all up and shifted her onslaught on me.

Did I try to reason with her? Yes, of course, I tried.

Did it work? Absolutely not.

I felt like I was slowly overcoming the utter mess that I was in and then an asteroid called 'my mother' crashed into the progress, sending me back to rock bottom.

My mother spit-roasted and belittled me for hours before I stormed out of the living and cried myself to sleep. I needed to get tougher somehow, I couldn't just cry my way out of every situation I was in, but I didn't know where to begin. The fact that my mother was an avid manipulator did not help the case, I had almost started believing the utter nonsense she said about me. I felt and still do feel like an absolute wreck, but I think it's time I stopped moping around and continued living my life.

At this point, I've said it a million times, I was going to overcome my sorrows and learn from my mistakes, one step at a time. The first step is going back into the public.

Unfortunately, I couldn't sleep in on Fridays quite as I could on Mondays.

The first period started at eight in the morning, meaning I had around thirty minutes to get ready for school and then actually walk there. On second thought, maybe I should just stay home... I shook my head in hopes of getting rid of these malicious thoughts. I can do this, I am strong, I got this.