Chapter 3: Territorial

🐈🐈🐈

What...the hell. Is it too late to give this demon back to Namjoon?

This thought was on repeat as the kitten terrorized the other cats and the rest of the house. So far we had three broken lamps, the curtains in the living room were now on the floor. Every single picture sitting on the mantle had been swatted off and glass littered the ground. Then it  decided to go scratch in the litter box for a good five minutes before exiting and promptly taking a dump right next to it.

That was only twenty minutes in.

My sweet Tabby, Madam SparklePuss decided right THEN to come down out of the window to greet her new sibling.

It did not go well.

That was when the laundry room turned into a ufc ring for cats. I desperately tried to save Madam SparklePuss but Eun-ji held me back, staring at me incredulously. "ARE YOU CRAZY?" She yelled in order to be heard over the screaming cats. "YOU'LL DIE IF YOU GO IN THERE!"

"I  DON'T CARE! That's my child!" I screamed dramatically, wrenching from her grasp and running to save Madam SparklePuss. Before I reached them Voldemort got there first, standing in front of his sister as he stared  down Satan incarnate. Strangely, the kitten sniffed in his direction, they bumped noses, and then walked off together.

And her reign of terror was over. For now.

🐈🐈🐈

Y/n seemed just as cold and distant as ever the next day at school and my pride was a bit hurt at that. Not even a glance spared in my direction. I had thought for sure the kitten plan would work. It certainly seemed to be her weakness. Her entire demeanor had done a complete one eighty the second she'd set her eyes on the kitten. It was the first time I had ever seen her smile and I could practically feel the wolf part of me wagging it's tail at the sight. I feel myself smiling stupidly as I remember the look of pure happiness on her face at that moment. I made her smile like that. Me.

"Hyung, you're so embarrassing." I hear Jimin say to me, not for the first time.

If I was acting like a love struck puppy it's because I felt like one. He'd understand eventually. They all would. There were six pack mates that I was closer to than the rest, probably because we were all so close together in age. Jin, Yoongi, Hoseok, Jimin,Taehyung, and Jungkook. And like normal friends they'd taken great joy in teasing me since I'd recognized Y/n as my mate, probably because they'd never seen me so shy around a girl and because I've never had so much trouble solving a problem before. I was supposed to be the smart one but I always felt so confused when it came to her. And like normal friends they all seemed to enjoy my suffering.

"Hyung, look! Y/n's hugging another man!" At Taehyung's words I whip my head around so fast my neck cracked, but of course Y/n was no where in sight. If I'd actually stopped to let his words sink in I would have known she wasn't nearby as I couldn't even smell her. But since I haven't marked her or even touched her yet I was feeling extra territorial.

With murderous intent I rounded on Taehyung but he was already halfway down the hall, giggling with Jimin and Jungkook in tow. I turned back with a sigh to find Yoongi-hyung smirking.

"Loser." He muttered before casually strolling off towards his own class.

Like he's one to talk.

Just you wait. I kept thinking vindictively, barely hearing Hoseok and Jin-hyung's words of comfort. Once lunch time rolled around again I separated from the group as I'd done yesterday and headed to the courtyard.