Chapter 13: No.

🐈🐈🐈

"Namjoon?" Y/n's voice calling my name pulls my concentration from the homework laid out in front of me to her figure sitting on the other side of the coffee table.

We'd come back to her house after school do to our homework together. When she'd invited me over I didn't think she literally meant to do school work. I had hoped for more personal time, maybe we would watch TV or continue our conversation on getting to know each other better. But as it turns out, my mate was unexpectedly studious. It only made me like her more.

I avert my attention to her to answer. "Yes, kitty?"

"Kitty?" she questions with an amused expression.

With my elbows on the table I place my chin in both palms to regard her lovingly. "You're a cat, so that makes you my kitty."

The look on her face freezes, making me wonder if I've destroyed her spirit with my aegyo. She stutters for a second, seemingly lost for words before a disbelieving breath comes out of her.

"I...fine." she concedes and I grin in return. "Anyway, I was gonna ask." her head shakes a bit and she blinks, as though to clear her mind. "You said that you like to go for runs in the woods in your wolf form.."

It pleases me to no end that she wants to know about me. Eagerly I await her question but then am dumbfounded when I hear it.

"So are you ever out...running around. Doing wolf stuff up in the woods and then you really have to poop?"

"Uh..."

"I mean, have you ever pooped in the woods as a wolf, is my question." she says seriously.

"WHY WOULD YOU ASK THAT?" I question, bewildered that this train of thought would even be in her mind. What is wrong with my mate?

She shrugs. "Curiosity. So. Have you?"

"NO." I answer louder than intended.

"Why are you so offended?" She appears puzzled over my incredulity.

"We are ancient and majestic creatures that enjoy running through the wilderness," I said deadpan, "we don't shift just to pass a bowel movement in the forest."

She rolled her eyes. "I didn't say that's why you shift, I just asked a simple question, jeeze."

I stare as she goes back to writing her essay, just as casual as ever, as if she didn't just blow my mind up. What kind of girl asks her boyfriend about pooping in the woods? And on our second day as a couple?

Steve interrupts my speculation by jumping into my lap and purring contentedly. As I scratch behind his ears Mr Lee appears, greeting us both with a smile and a plate of freshly baked cookies.

"Y/nbear, we'll be leaving tomorrow night, are you sure you'll be alright by yourself?"

Y/n nods. "Yes, dad. If I get lonely Eun-ji said she would come stay over. It's only for the weekend so I'm sure I'll be fine."

Since I'd heard of her father's impromptu vacation, I'd been worried. She'd be all alone in the house with no protection. Everything in me wanted to protect her and take care of her but I don't want to appear completely deranged.

It didn't help that as of late my wolf urged me on the daily to do a number of tempting, but ultimately stupid things. Things that I know to her human standards (though she isn't purely human) would definitely cause me to look crazy, and might ultimately drive her away.

Just bite her on the neck. No.

That boy looked at her twice, do something about it. No. He's what, twelve?