Chapter 50: The End...ish

When I started writing this, it was because my favorite cat ever left for the afterlife and I needed something to help me through it. She inspired this story, was in the story, and I would be remiss to not mention her at the end.

She was BooBoo in the story. Her name was Yoda. She was a dark calico and the runt of her little. We grew up together, she comforted me when I cried and she greeted me every single time I came home. She slept in the bed with me, often cuddled in as close as she could get. I couldn't use her real name in the story because it hurt too much at the time. I'm not a crazy cat lady, but I still miss her so bad it hurts.

I'm so happy and grateful to everyone who read this all the way through, commented, liked and shared their own cat stories, because for once I felt like I wasn't going through something alone

I'm so happy and grateful to everyone who read this all the way through, commented, liked and shared their own cat stories, because for once I felt like I wasn't going through something alone. Bts, and doing this has really helped me in so many ways, so thank you so much for being a part of it 💜💜💜💜

🐈🐈🐈

"I was upset because you called for Jungkook when you were scared." Rather than leading up to it, I blurt it right out. For some reason I have this irrational fear that either Jungkook or Taehyung are going to burst out of the bushes and subsequently bring a halt to the admission, so I jump right in and tell her everything. Starting from that, and going through the whole night. All of it from from start to finish, each worry and problem I had stressed over. I might have gone into too much detail, but I wanted to drive home how sorry I was.

By now I no longer care that she called for someone other then me. Although, in the light of day with her standing right in front of me, it seems unlikely that she'd be compelled to leave me over something that trivial, that small itch of doubt remains.

Having a mate and finding one is the best thing in the world for a werewolf. But at the same time, it's scary. Jimin's dad lost his mother, his mate, early to cancer and he hadn't ever been the same since. Most of his days were spent locked away, alone, probably crying. The thought that I could lose my mate in any way is unbearable. Nonetheless, every now and then that idea would pop up and haunt me. If I lost her I know without a doubt that I'd end up exactly like Jimin's father. No one likes losing a loved one, but it's even worse when they're your entire life, your main source of happiness and support, and literally the other half of your soul.

And even saying all of this and just wanting everything to be ok and go back to how it was before, I still can't help but to ask.

"Why did you call for him?"

When she freezes, I grow anxious. Is she not going to tell me? Or is it that she wants to tell me something I don't want to hear?

"I..." By the way she begins to mess with a lock of hair, I draw the conclusion that she must be nervous as well. This action of hers draws my attention to her attire. It's the first time I've ever seen her dressed up and I can't get over how pretty she is. Then again, on a normal basis I have trouble with that.