Chapter 46: Noona!

🐈🐈🐈

So here we are by the beach. The air is warmer than back home and smells distinctly of salt and sunshine. The mini road trip here with the family was...less than pleasant. Thankfully that's easy to forget when I'm struck by the beauty of the ocean. On and on, it stretches as far as I can see. Looking at it, I feel small and insignificant. Water is the most powerful force of mother nature and the ocean somewhat scares me.

There's so much of it, it can swallow ships three times the size of my school and hide them for eternity. My mind takes me down to it's darkest depths and I have to wonder. What's down there? Graveyards of centuries of sunken vessels? A flooded ancient civilization? Megalodons? Mermaids? All the things Namjoon's ever lost?

Speaking of, this is his fault. Since when do I think this deeply (pun intended)? Never. I'm one dimensional. He's the one that says things like, 'If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it, then does it make a noise?' and I'm the one that says, 'That's the stupidest shit I ever heard.' Which, it is. Sound isn't created in our own ears, it's created by waves of vibrations meeting in the air and reflecting off of any medium. Air, water—DAMMIT NAMJOON! Now I'm thinking all scientifically.

How dare he make me smarter.

The point, which wasn't originally the point when I started, but is now the point because I say so, is that I'm saying it today. I love you. He has to hear it. Today.

The inn was small and quaint. Two stories with huge floor to ceiling windows, it's close enough to the ocean that I could hear it but not see it, due to the thicket of trees and shrubbery surrounding the building. Comprised of twenty rooms in total, it's family run by this adorable old couple, both of whom are shorter than me and sweeter than a bowl of skittles. They paid no mind to the dysfunctional cluster that is my family and greeted us with professionalism.

I ditched them as soon as possible and headed out with the people I can stand being around, i.e., Eun-ji, In-guk, Namjoon, and his friends (with the exception of Yoongi since he'd rather sleep and hang with his 'baby girl' all weekend).

His statement makes me feel somewhat threatened.

Is he beating me in a cat loving competition?!?

NO. Calm down, Y/n. If dad wasn't direct family I wouldn't have come here, either. Besides that, it's not like Carl isn't the best cat sitter I could get. I purposely did not invite him to this so he could cat sit for me. Does that make me a bad person? I like to think it makes me an opportunist. And Carl lit up like a kid on Christmas morning when I asked him to watch my babies for me. That, and I have a nanny cam so I can check on them whenever I want.

BEAT THAT, YOONGI.

From now on, we are rivals!

I'm not dramatic. This is a serious matter.

Once we hit the (apparently private—Ronald is way more extra than I originally pegged him to be) beach, everyone ran off to do their own thing. Mostly taking pictures and doing normal stuff, and here's my boyfriend chasing crabs.

Apparently, crabs are Namjoon's cats. It doesn't matter that they run from him, bite him (this has happened four times already and each time he's equally heart broken), hide from him, and pretty much seem to hate his entire existence, Namjoon really loves crabs. He's like an excited kid each time he manages to catch one and bring it to show me.

It's a pretty good afternoon overall. Until Namjoon brings up a subject of a different kind of ceremony.

His crab curiosity satiated, he plops down to the ground next to where I sit to watch the other guys burying Jin in the sand. I take his hands in my own and huff in annoyance over the small bites those stupid crabs made. Next time I eat crab, I'm going to enjoy it so much more.