Chapter 42: Scenting

Did you see her?!? Did you see?!? She's so cute and tiny and perfect—I saw it.

Did you see her tail? Yes.

Did you see her little paws? Yes.

Good. Now kill this alpha for looking at her. Maybe.

It was hard enough already wrestling Hoseok down to the cellar without Fluffy putting ideas in my head. His throat is right there I might be able to get away with choking him a little under the guise of struggling to get him to cooperate. Obviously I'm not going to try but the thought is alluring.

Mine. That's my line.

Hoseok is absurdly strong. It was taking a group effort, all six of us at once to physically remove him from my bedroom and get him down to the wine cellar, now equipped with a new door, this one comprised of steel bars. Welcome to my home, which is relatively normal with the exception of the prison in the basement.

Getting him through said door was proving to be the most difficult task out of this adventure, mostly because he'd started to grind on it and no one wanted to look.

"Jungkook, shield your virgin eyes!" Jin-hyung screamed dramatically before adding, "the rest of you dirty pigs stay focused and get him in there."

Why are we dirty pigs? But he's right. Jungkook shouldn't see this, he needs to be protected at all costs. I don't care what Y/n says; she's wrong. Jungkook is an innocent bunny and I refuse to believe otherwise.

You know bunnies actually tend to be mean? I wouldn't describe them as innocent. It was an expression. Jungkook is innocent. No, mate is right. 

With his dismissal, Jungkook gives out a cute giggle and then skips away.

See? Innocent.

Nope. You're wrong.

For once, I'm glad I'm not alpha. Anything to avoid this shame. Hoseok continues to grind onto the door, everyone tries not to look, but eventually Yoongi-hyung snaps and bites him. This does not help matters.

At all.

It makes them worse.

Hoseok sees the bite as a challenge and lunges for Yoongi, who just barely manages to dodge at the last second, so instead I'm the one who takes the brunt force of his tackle. The air completely gets knocked out of my lungs when I hit the floor, but all I see is red and all I feel is anger. Anger at how stupid this situation is, anger at Yoongi-hyung for provoking him in the first place, and FURY because he dared to even think about my mate while in his rut.

"Namjoon?" Hoseok sits up after tackling me, staring down at me in shock and blinking like he's waking from a bad dream.

"Oh thank GOD," Jimin groans. "Quick! Get in the cell before-"

Before anyone can stop me, (including myself) my fist connects with Hoseok's jaw and he falls over. The pain that spreads over my knuckles and up my arm is nothing compared to this rage. The alpha snarls dangerously but I don't care. He attempted to touch Y/n.

I don't try to stop it. I can't. It's close to full moon and we're all sensitive. My anger, and Fluffy, take over and my fists keep flying. It doesn't matter where I hit, just as long as he hurts. Everyone jumps in to pull us apart and now I'm part of the problem, struggling in what quickly becomes a pit of bodies. It's already dark down here and now I don't know which way is up anymore. Someone kicks me in the face and it only spurns me on more, though now I've stopped swinging and now am wrestling everyone I come into contact with while Jin-hyung screams continuously, "STOB IT!"