Epilogue

Deleted scenes will be easy to get together, but I don't know when I'll write the rest.

Special Chapters to look out for:
1. Special chapter: Madam Sparklepuss
2. Special chapter: Marking
3. Special chapter: Deleted Scenes
4. Special Chapter: Yes

🐈🐈🐈

Two and half years later

"Hi, welcome to Chili's"

Hell. Welcome to hell. With a fake smile plastered on my face, I welcome the family of five to the bane of my existence and the job I want, but actually hate.

"Hello. We have five." The ahjussi and clearly father and husband of this family holds up five fingers, as though I wouldn't know what five meant if he didn't show me. I hate him, and his entire bloodline already.

"Very well sir, please follow me." Grabbing two menus and a few children's coloring papers, I lead the family to an adequately sized table just as the youngest, maybe a one-year-old baby starts to cry. Great. That is EXACTLY what I wanted.

I've been on my feet for six hours. So far I've been snapped at by an ahjumma for providing her an additional menu by accident, seated so many people that I can't distinguish anyone's faces anymore, nearly tripped on a grand total of six unruly children (because why wouldn't you let your kid run around the restaurant), and been forced to listen to three deeply personal stories from customers that I never wanted to know.

My feet hurt, my back hurts, my feet hurt, I miss my cats, my feet hurt, I miss my dog, my feet hurt, I have to go home after this and write a paper on animal science and food sustainability, and my feet hurt.

Did I mention my feet hurt?

If I didn't, my feet really fucking hurt.

I never look at the time. If I pay attention while I'm working, it will never move. It will always be the same time no matter what and I'll spend an eternity in this hellhole.

When my replacement, Ha-Eun, walks through the door, I almost sob in relief. I like Ha-Eun. She doesn't like cats, she hates manga, and thinks the idea of vampires and werewolves are silly. But you know what? Ha-Eun ends my torture. When I see her, I know that it is, in fact, possible to leave hotel California. When Ha-Eun comes in, I see twenty angels singing the Hallelujah chorus and I can feel my soul rising from the dead.

Then when I leave, I lie to myself. I say that I will never come here again. It doesn't matter than I need something on my resume or that I can use the extra cash on Namjoon and my animals. For the time being, I'm free and ignorance is bliss.

I will never come here again! As I skip away to clock out, in my head, I hear Jungkook's voice saying, 'let's get iiiit!'

But of course, before I can escape into the back room a costumer waves me over. It doesn't matter than I'm not a waitress or about to clock out, its protocol to attend to all costumer's needs. With an impatience to get this over with and an aching back, I head over and greet them with the same practiced and professional smile.

"Hi-I'm sorry," the man says and motions to his daughter, who I guesstimate to be around two or three. "But my daughter thinks you're a princess. I tried telling her that you're not, but..." he scratches the back of his neck awkwardly. "She requested that I ask."

Over the time I've been more in contact with the general public through this job, I've come to discover something. Something I'd never thought I would admit, or even thought was true.

Not all kids are bad. Some come in and scream throughout their meal, run around the restaurant, and try to eat the menu. But on other occasions, they'll be well-behaved and cute and gift the waiter or waitress their color drawing. In the end, I wonder if it comes down to parenting.