Chapter 61

Deimos POV

Erebus yawned, then stretched. . . for the twentieth time.

I knew that he was testing his regained strength, but his carefree actions were beginning to annoy me.

He was already lazy from before. This was just overdoing it.

I sighed, before looking through his eyes again. Instead of following Elliot, he had stayed behind, and simply laid there, like a log.

He turned his head, and lazily licked at his sides, removing the snow and debris that had gathered on his fur. 

'This mutt', I thought, watching his dog-like antics. "How long is he planning to keep me here?"

I heard the sadistic laughter of Zeref, and my annoyance grew.

"Now you know what it feels like when we're stuck in here, in your tiny little mind."

I looked towards were Zeref stood, and froze at what I saw.

Instead of Zeref's form, I saw Elliot's.

I narrowed my eyes as he tucked a bit of hair behind his ear, and placed his hands on his hips.

"Oh, you like this? I think I'm going to appear like this from now on."

I just stared.

"So? Are you annoyed yet? Or maybe. . . are you-"

"Zeref, if you don't change back right now, I'll remove your head from your body."

"Yup, definitely annoyed."

I stood up, and he quickly shifted back to his regular form.

"You're no fun at all, Lucien Deimos."

"I thought I told you to leave me alone?"

He shifted back to Elliot's appearance, and dropped to his knees. "But I'm bored! Lets' kill each other or something!" He whined, then grinned when I raised my foot to his face.

"Yeah! Come on! Let's fight!"

I sighed, then lowered my foot. "I'm not fighting with you."

"Please?"

"No."

"If you win, I'll leave you alone for a day."

"How about, if I win, you kill yourself?"

He rolled his eyes.

"Fine, I give up", he said, blowing his red hair to the side of his face. "If you give up, then change back."

He puffed his cheeks. "Don't feel like it."

"Change back."

He slowly stood up.

Then he sprinted in the opposite direction.

I grabbed him by the hair, before yanking him back.

"ChaNge. bAcK."

He changed back.

Erebus finally moved, and I accessed his vision so that I could see what he was doing. He had walked up to a huge crowd and was now trying to get past them. The crowd, however, refused to give him entry. "What's going on, Erebus?" I called out to him.

He tried again, and when he failed, he finally spoke.

'Elliot's surrounded by her pack members.'

I frowned.

"Why is that?" I asked. He looked beyond the crowd and saw Elliot standing in the middle with a few other pack members. For some reason, it looked as though Elliot was on the defensive.

She had a small crowd of werewolves on her side and looked as though she was protecting them from the other werewolves that surrounded her. Three werewolves exited the crowd, and she snarled at them, causing them to retreat back into the crowd. She wasn't in her cursed form, which meant that she wasn't in any real danger.

'It's some sort of. . . confrontation?' He said.

I watched her form for a while lower, before I stopped sharing his vision. "Just keep a lookout for anything strange", I replied, and he nodded before laying down in the snow next to the crowd.

He then closed his eyes.

"Oi, I said keep a look out."

He made an annoyed sound, and blocked me from his link.

"Haha! That's my boy", Zeref said, trying to pull his red hair into a ponytail. "Why do girls let their hair grow so long? Shoulder length is okay, but all the way to your butt? How the heck do they fight like this?" He asked, before looking at me.

"To look cute or something?"