Chapter 65

Deimos POV

"Luna, here are the documents I told you about. I've also compiled the list you mentioned. The one with the most critical patients?"

". . . Oh, right. Put it over here."

"That list also has the medicine and treatments that are being used on each patient. I also checked on our medicinal supplies, and we're very low on almost everything except for nexocine. I've written to the Gail Pack, but I haven't received a response yet."

"Gail Pack?"

"They were put in charge of all the medical supplies. Speaking of supplies, Marley wanted me to inform you that the Gentle Fang Pack was in placed in charge of food distribution, so you'll have to update our Pack's numbers and send that information to them so that they'll know just how much food to send. Oh, and place the sick on a separate roll, and place the nature of their illnesses on it too."

"Oh. . . alright." 

"Luna! Hunt Commander Eric, requesting permission to enter."

"Yes, come in."

"Luna, the Alliance is requesting our support in hunting in a new area. Here's the document."

". . . The Nora Forest? That's too close to the prior Vulcan sightings."

"They have no choice. they've cleaned up most of the prey in the surrounding area. Now they're coming up empty-handed. They now want as many hunters as possible to hunt in that area. They're hoping that with more numbers, they'll have a better chance of defending themselves in case they do encounter a Vulcan."

". . . I'll speak to the members in the next meeting."

"Yes, Luna."

I  caught the ball that I've been throwing into the air for the last few minutes. I then turned to Elliot, who was now looking down at the various documents that were placed on her table. She then handed a document to the Medical Commander of Moonshine, looked up at the both of them.

"Is that all?"

They both nodded their head.

"We will take our leave."

They both exited the room, before bowing one more time. The moment the flaps of the tent closed, the Luna of the Moonshine pack sighed, and lowered her head onto the table.

Then she began kicking out her feet.

I smirked at her antics, knowing that it was her expressing her utter frustration.

After Elliot was acknowledged as Luna, she was practically dragged into a tent made for her- the Luna. Here, she was given a quick rundown of her administration duties, then was given a tall stack of documents for her to deal with.

To say that she was upset was an understatement.

Nonetheless, my little mate still did her duties, despite her whining.

Speaking of whining, I thought, hearing her groan once again.

"That's very unbecoming of a Luna."

Her groaning stopped and her growling began.

"Are you alright, Luna? Is there anything you might need, Luna?"

"Weeve me avone",  she mumbled with her head still on the table. I smirked, before laying back on the old couch. "No can do, Luna-"

She crumpled up a piece of paper in her 'For Disposal' area, and threw it at me, all without looking up. I easily caught it, then opened up the paper.

Then I got an idea.

"Elliot, that wasn't a document for disposal. "

Elliot sprang up and dashed over to my side, almost knocking over the table with her tails. She grabbed the paper from my hand, then read what was written on it. 

 "Just kidding."

Elliot ripped the paper in half, before dropping both halves on the floor.

"Are you okay Luna?"

Without saying a word, she leaned down before holding my neck with one hand, and making a fist with the other.

"Stay still, this will only take a moment."

"Okay, I went too far. Don't hurt your mate, Luna."

"Don't worry. You won't die."

"I said hurt your mate, not kill him."

"Either one is fine, to be honest."

"It's definitely not fine."

I restrained her hands, before putting them on her sides. Despite this, however, she still looked as if she could kill me with those eyes of hers. "Let's just calm down, alright? How about you take your break now? I'll allow it."

Her death glare faltered slightly.

"Really?"

"Yes, really."

  She looked back at her table, then at me. "Are you sure?"