Chapter 63

Elliot's POV

"Nope. . . Nope. . .  Almost there. . .  Yes. . .  Oh, come on!"

I huffed in frustration at my sudden lack of aim.

After mindlessly knocking leaves off trees, I decided to challenge myself a little bit.

So attempted to knock the leaf off the tree with one pebble, then smack the now falling leaf with another pebble.

All from a half a mile away.

I managed to do it successfully a few times, but my lack of drive made me lose the focus needed to pull it off again.

I dropped the pile of pebbles in my hand and leaned against a nearby tree.

"I'll die of boredom if I have to stay here."

Unfortunately, I had been quarantined.

After the 'Molassie Devil' incident, The area had become supercharged with negative spiritual energy, which began to change the area dramatically. Everything within half a mile Had eroded dramatically, making the area look like a forgotten wasteland.

When reinforcements arrived, they immediately closed off the area, stopping anyone else from entering. 

They quickly took Deimos away, examined me from a distance. They observed that due to the energy that was still being produced by my body, they couldn't even go near me, let alone touch me.

As a result, not only was the area quarantined, I was as well.

As a result, I was to stay here until my body naturally closes off its connection to the void.

As a result, I've been in the clearing for three days.

As a result, I was bored.

Using my tails, I pulled myself up the nearby tree, then sat at the very top, using my tails as a seat.

From the top of the dead tree, I could see the camp, still as lively as ever. The longer I stared at tents, the more I began wondering which tent Deimos might be in. . . And if he was being nursed properly.

'Nursed by a MAN I hope'

I said, angrily biting my nails. 

"If he only smells like a woman. . ."  

I sighed, before turning unto my side. "Deimos. . ." I mumbled, tracing his name through the fur on my tail. I then shook my head, before sitting up. "I need to stop thinking about him. He probably doesn't even think about me, humph!" I folded my arms, and my tails writhed angrily in response.

"What do you think, Octavia?"

Octavia, who just woke up, growled slightly.

'Is it baby-making time yet?'

"Umm, no-"

'Is Deimos here?'

". . . No."

'Goodnight then',

"Talk to me!" I whined, and she sighed loudly. 'About what? Deimos?' She asked. "Why does it have to be about Deimos?" I asked.

'Until I get my pups, Deimos is the only conversation I'm going to have with you.'

"Marley said that we have to get along. . . "

Another sigh.

'Fine, let's talk.'

"Great! How about-"

'Elder Athena.'

I paused.

'You know that she's not a hundred percent trustworthy, right? You've noticed that she's lied to us, right?'

I turned back onto my back and nodded.

'She may be manipulating us, you know.'

"Manipulating is all she can do for now. She's not stronger than us."

'I still don't like it.'

I hummed. "Fine. If she goes out of line. . . I'll let you kill her."