Chapter Ten

I see another angel move out of the corner of my eye and I shove goggles out of the way and takes a sword to the shoulder. I growl and that's when I feel two of my feathers getting plucked. My eyes widen and I look at Sally and Lazari. "Don't even think about it! Give those to me right now." I growl.  In their hands is one of my glistening black feathers. I swipe at them but they are faster and they have the feathers pressed to their forearms. I feel power serge and I glare at the girls. "We will be talking about this later." I snarl my voice dark. I spin to face the other angels and I push out a toxic fumes and the angels start to attack each other. "Get in the mansion now while they are distracted." I snap. Everyone looks around questioning me but Sally and Lazari takes off listening to me. I use my power and throws everyone away from me knocking the angels out of their stupor and I launch my self into the air my wings screaming in agony.  The other angels follow me as I take off away from the people. I fly quickly my wings protesting from the wounds. I keep flying my eyes narrowed and focused ahead of me.  "Keep your head in the game Vesper. They aren't as fast as you." I bite my lip and struggles to stay in the air.