Chapter Twenty

I go down stairs and I shove my hands into my hoodie pocket and hums softly. I step onto the floor of the living room and Slender appears in the middle and everyone comes flooding from their rooms or other rooms in the mansion. "Today we will be doing some one on one training. Vesper, are you willing to join in on the training or are you going to hide in your room?" Slender asks. I flip him off. "I'll join your stupid training." I growl lowly. He leads us to a giant empty room. "This is where you will be training. You will keep training until you drop from exhaustion. I don't want to hear any whining or complaining. You are all killers and you need to be in your best condition to continue being free to kill again." Slender says. I roll my eyes and I am pared up with Ben. "I'll go easy on you for now newbie." Ben says but before he can even do anything I have him on his ass under my foot. "I didn't think you were going to go that easy on me." I taunt. He glares and tries to knock my feet out from under me but I leap away and smirks taunting him even though he can't see it. "Alright then. I guess I'll kick your ass." Ben growls and rushes me. Our movements are quick. So quick that nobody can tell who is winning until Ben launches through the air and hits his back on the wall coughing up blood then he hits the floor with a heavy thud. "For someone who sits around and plays video games and kills through a game you weigh nothing and fly perfectly." I say walking up to the fallen Ben. I crouch down by his head and nudges him slightly. He groans and glares. "At least your not dead. Now get up. I know I didn't break anything important." I yank Ben to his feet. Me and Ben keep going at it until I flip him over me and rests my foot barely touching his chest as he breaths heavily and struggles slightly. "I can't keep whaling on you like this. You could die." I say. He laughs slightly. "I am technically a ghost. So I can't die again." Ben says sitting up. I sit next to him. "You look like shit." I glance at him. "Oh really? I didn't know." He spits sarcastically. I chuckle and shakes my head. He punches my arm and I barely flinch at the impact. "Holy crap, I hit you as hard as I can and you don't even flinch." He says looking at me in awe. "All Angels when they are very young are trained until they don't flinch to anything. It's part of the job that we see the most gruesome sights in the world. Some angels have to see the people they are leading to their death. Some deaths are clean and simple, others are...... not so much. Our strength has to match that. We flinch in a fight and we get punished." I fall silent. "You okay?" Ben asks. I snap out of it and looks at him. "Yeah. I'm fine." I say. After a bit of resting me and Ben continue training.