Chapter Twenty Nine

I flip Ben off and then sighs completely board out of my mind when I feel a dark unsettling presence nearby. One that is familiar and seared into my brain.  I look out the door towards the trees. "Zalgo." I growl and Mos looks at me with wide eyes. "That bastard is still around?" He asks. "Yep, and he isn't happy about me being around. I wonder why he is sneaking around." I mutter. "You will have to keep a close eye on where he is. You know what happens to an angel when their bonded dies." Mos says and I shudder. "You don't need to remind me." I mutter. I head up to my room Mos following me. I sit on my bed and rests my head in my hands. "I'm scared Mos. I am worried I might have to run again and leave everyone here behind. I don't want to drag EJ away from his family." I mumble. "It's okay Ves. I doubt you will have to run. The angels haven't come for you in a while." He says. "I, wait. How do you know that? We just got together again a few hours ago. " I look at Mos suspicious. He smiles innocently trying to hide something from me. "What are you hiding Mos? Something about you isn't right." I narrow my eyes. Suddenly his aura changes and I become defensive. "Mos, whatever you are doing , knock it off before you do something stupid." I growl. His expression changes and he mouths one word before lunging at me. Run, and that's what I did. I dodged around him and races down the stairs. Mos storms after me and I keep out of his reach. "Quit moving!" He snaps. "Not happening Moskiro or should I say Zalgo. Trying to use my friend against me is low." I snarl back. I get outside before I am tackled and hands are wrapped around my throat. I struggle to draw my own blood while trying to stay awake. Slender, can you hear me? I need someone to draw my blood. Specifically my hand, I need it for the trick I have to do. I look into Mos's eyes. Mos, do you trust me? Of course. Do what you must. This trick will bind our souls together but that doesn't mean you are bonded to EJ. It just means you can't be possessed by Zalgo or any of his minions. It's what must be done.  I feel blood pooling up in my palm and I look at it to see a cut across my palm that is extremely deep. I curl my hand into a fist coating my fingers in the blood before sliding my hand under Mos's shirt and then presses my bloody hand to where his heart is and bites my lip. I watch Mos's eyes flicker between his own and Zalgo's before his eyes return to normal. I hug him tightly and sighs. "I'm glad you trust me. I wasn't sure the trick would work so well. There still might be some lingering parts but nothing to bad." I whisper. He shrugs. "Nothing I can't handle." Mos smiles. "Just so you know those parts may or may not fade away. They might become a part of you giving you new abilities and powers. " I say. Then we get up off the ground and I hold my bloody hand close to my chest.