Chapter 18: Shadow Duel of the Dark Signer Part Two

*edited 07/11/2020*

Previously

"Kalin, talk to me. What happened to you?" Xina asks.

Kalin laughs again. "It's a little late to catch up, Xina.
What is done is done. There's no going back. The only thing left to do is to defeat you," Kalin tells her as he grinned.

"So what happens to me if I lose this duel? Do I become one of you?" Xina questions.

"Not quite. You'll be consumed into the shadows of the Netherworld," Kalin answers her with a smirk.

"That's not going to happen," Xina says confidently as she speeds up beside him.

"Let's duel!" They both shout.

Jack asks Mina to put the play by play on the screen.
Crow puts the play on the screen of his duel runner so him, Yusei, and the group can see.

Yusei thinks, Please be careful Xina.

"Now it's time to begin this thing! Time for the Enforcers to ride again!" Kalin exclaims with a laugh.

Xina thinks to herself, It's time to save the Satellite.

Shadow Duel of the Dark Signer
Part Two

"I will go first!" Kalin shouts as he draws a card. "I summon Infernity Beast! [ATTK: 1600] Now I got him on the field, I will place one card facedown and end my turn. Don't let me down, Xina! Give me everything you got!" Kalin exclaims.

Xina draws a card as she says, "You got it! And I summon Midnight Bat in attack mode! [ATTK: 900] And when it's first summoned, it gains double its attack points. [ATTK: 1800] Now Midnight Bat, attack Infernity Beast!"

"You think I'm going to let a small bat take out my beast? I activate my facedown, Depth Amulet. By discarding one card from my hand, I get to negate your monsters attack. Looks like you don't got it in ya. I expected more," Kalin laughs.

"So did I," Xina spats. "I place two facedowns and end my turn," Xina says as she placed two cards down.

Midnight Bat attack points go back to 900.

"My move then. From my hand, I summon Infernity Archfiend! [ATTK: 1800] Now Infernity Beast, get rid of that pest!" Kalin shouts.

His monster destroys Xina's, making Xina take damage.

Xina's life points: 4000 -> 3300

She groans in pain since the damage was real. This makes her lose control of the duel runner as it staggers to the side of the force field.

Kalin laughs, "Careful Xina. Don't spin out of control. The powers of the dark shadow released suits me. Duels are more exciting when I can inflict real pain! In fact, I like it so much, I'm going to do it again! Infernity Fiend, attack Xina directly!"

The monster makes a large ecripted symbol above Xina. She looks up and her eyes widen.

From the helicopter, Jack exclaims, "Oh no!"

"Hang in there Xina!" Crow shouts.

Yusei shouts, "You got this!"

Kalin laughs hysterically as a large ghost-like hand appears from the symbol. It goes towards Xina as she felt nervous. She shakes off her nerves and thinks, "This isn't over yet!"