Chapter 51: Motive

*shorter chapter*

Motive

Akiza was speeding through the streets on her new duel runner. The breeze of the fast winds was soothing to her as she made a few sharp turns.

Akiza thinks, No wonder the guys and Xina love riding their duel runners. It feels as if I'm flying.

As Akiza continued driving, she had a sudden feeling of someone watching her. Then the wheels of her runner locked, making her stagger a bit. The wheels created a loud screeching sound against the concrete road.

Akiza tried to regain control of her runner, but then she felt herself flying off of it. She grabs a card and placed it in her duel disk that was in her runner. Akiza quickly exclaims, "Rose Tentacles!"

Rose Tentacles appears in front of her. It was about to catch her, but Akiza falls through it as if it was a hologram. Akiza gasps as she thinks, My psychic powers... it's not working!

Akiza tumbled harshly on the ground as her runner crashes, turning into flames. Akiza lays on the ground unconscious, not able to move.

The three unknown turbo duelists watched as their duel monster disappears. They smirk as one of them says, "Too bad her psychic powers are useless against Hook the Hidden Knight."

Another male questioned, "How come we went to her instead of the other three? I mean, she's not dueling in the tournament."

"You really are dull, huh? Akiza had finally received her license. She may not be dueling in the tournament, but if we went to someone else, then she would have replaced them like how Xina replaced that orange haired troll," One of the three guys said. "Besides, this is our way of sending the message to Team 5D's."

"So who's next on our list?" One of the guys questioned with a smirk.

They all looked down to see paramedics were already rushing to help Akiza. The guy smirked, responding, "We'll see." The three males drive off.

-

At the hospital

Xina, Dove, Yusei, Jack, and Crow were outside Akiza's room. Her parents were inside as they looked at their unconscious daughter with worried eyes.

Yusei was on the phone with Bruno. He tells him, "Yeah, she's fine. She is a little banged up but she will be okay. Were you able to look at her duel runner chip?"

"It's the same as the others. Her wheels definitely locked up all of the sudden," Bruno responds through the phone.

"Yeah, I figured," Yusei sighed.

Crow clenched his fist as he muttered, "Those punks!"

Xina was just as angry as he was. She felt the urge to punch the wall out of frustration. Xina then thought of something before walking down the hall, away from the group.

"Xina, where are you going?" Dove questions as she watched her friend walk away from them.

"Where do you think?" Xina responds as she continued walking.

Yusei runs up to Xina as he says, "Xina, stop." He stands in front of her, blocking her path. Jack, Crow, and Dove followed as well.

"Stop?" Xina questioned, furrowing her eyebrows at Yusei.

"I'm just as angry as you are, but we cannot act out of impulse," Yusei tells her.

"Who said anything about me being impulsive? I just wanted to talk to those guys," Xina responds simply.