Chapter 44: Andre vs Xina

*edited 07/17/2020*

*another long chapter*

Andre vs Xina

Yusei, Crow and Jack sat with Bruno, Dove, Akiza and the twins at the stands. Jean and Breo also were on the stands, but sat from a distance. Andre waits at the starting line while Xina was still at the garage getting her duel runner.

Leo questions, "What's going on?"

"Andre and Xina are going to duel," Jack answers, staring at Andre.

"Andre? You mean the one that's on Team Unicorn?" Akiza asks, looking at Jack.

"That's right. After apologizing to Breo for wrecking his runner, Andre insisted on us paying them back by him dueling Xina," Crow explains.

Dove looks at Crow and asks in her soft voice, "Why would he want to duel her?"

Before Crow could respond, Jack did it for him. "Because he likes Xina," He said simply.

Yusei lightly flinched at those words. He looks down as he thinks, "Andre likes Xina..."

"No way!" Bruno exclaimed in the shock.

"It's not that hard to read. Especially what he did at the Gala," Jack says with his arm crossed.

Leo was shocked by this information as he exclaims, "But Xina is supposed to be with-"

"Don't, Leo! Keep your assumptions to yourself," Luna tells him, interrupting him.

Crow looks at the twins as he thinks, "Even the kids figured it out. But when will Xina?"

Then Dove notices a familiar duel runner as she says, "Look, it's Xina."

They all look over to see her slowly driving on her new duel runner on the track. Her runner glistens brightly due to the setting sun's rays. She goes beside Andre, making him check out her runner. Andre smirks as he thinks, "Impressive runner for an impressive girl."

From the stands, Breo and Jean check out her runner as well. Breo eyes sparkled in amazement as he says, "That's a sweet runner she got there."

Jean hums, "Let's see how well it performs though."

Breo then thought of something before turning to Jean. He questions, "Wasn't Andre supposed to duel Yusei? I mean, Xina is not competing in the tournament so we shouldn't be worrying about her, right?"

Jean responds, "It's obvious that Andre has some fascination towards this girl, but that is not the only reason why he chose to duel her. By him dueling Xina, Team 5D's will analyze his strategy and assume that's his only strategy. Xina is only pawn in this chess game."

"But wouldn't it be smarter to have Yusei, Crow or Jack to duel Andre?" Breo asks.

"We already have enough we need to know about Yusei and Jack's duel strategy. Crow is the only one that we don't know much about, but we don't have to worry about him," Jean tells him as a devious smirk appears on his face. "They're about to begin. It's time to find out what this Xina Fey girl is made of," Jean says, looking at Andre and Xina.

"Go Xina!" Leo cheered, raising his fist in the air.

Xina looks over at them and smiles. Then Andre's voice interrupts her gaze, "Time to see what the people have been talking about." Xina doesn't respond as she sees Andre staring at her. Xina furrowed her eyebrows as she looks away, mentally rolling her eyes.