Chapter 28: Duel with the Giant Part One

*edited 07/14/2020*

Duel with the Giant
Part One

Xina and Yusei were on their duel runners as they started to make their way over to the control unit tower. Trudge, Leo, and Luna were trailing behind them. As Yusei and Xina drove closer to the unit, they see Kalin sitting in his duel runner, waiting. Once Kalin sees them, he smirks before driving his duel runner towards Yusei. When Kalin and Yusei got close enough, the three of them stop their runners.

Kalin speaks, "Thanks for stopping by."

Yusei responds, "My pleasure."

Kalin laughs. He then says, "I see you got your duel runner up and running again. Didn't think it will work ever again since Xina really wrecked it." He then looks over at Xina to see she was on a Sector Security duel runner. "And will you look at that. I can see that you're still on Sector Security's side. This proves you both betrayed me."

"Kalin, you got it all wrong," Xina says.

"Do I?" Kalin questions.

Meanwhile, Trudge continued driving as he saw Yusei, Kalin and Xina. He then sees a nearby, high road and decides to go there so they can have a higher view of the duel. They get out of the vehicle and walk over to the railing. Leo asks, "Um, anyone got binoculars?"

With Kalin, Yusei and Xina, they sat on their runners glaring at each other.

"Kalin..." Yusei mutters.

"Don't "Kalin" me, Yusei. You are the one who made me this way and you had a little help from her!" Kalin yells, getting annoyed.

Yusei knew they weren't going to be able to talk Kalin out of this. He turns to Xina and says, "Go and find Trudge and the twins. I will meet you guys after the duel-"

"Oh, Xina is not going anywhere!" Kalin says as he lifts up his arm that had his Dark Signer mark. It glows, making the purple flame barrier, shaped as a giant, surround them. "I am going to duel you both. Now, it's time to send you both to the Netherworld!" Kalin says with an evil chuckle.

Xina and Yusei just stare at him, thinking about how he could possibly want to hurt them this much. Then three of them line up their runners, glaring at each other.

From the distance where Trudge and the twins are at, they hear a sound of a duel runner come by them. They look to see a black, yellow, and orange runner with a guy with a black helmet.

The guy takes off his helmet, revealing his bright orange hair and yellow marks on his face. He walks over to them and asks, "Yusei and Xina are down there with Kalin?"

Trudge mutters, "Crow.."

"Yeah. Who are you?" Luna asks.

"I am Crow. I'm a friend of Yusei, Xina and Jack, and an old friend of Kalin's," Crow answers.

"Oh yeah, they've talked about you," Leo mentions.

Trudge then questions, "I thought you disappeared with that black smoke? Well, that's what everyone assumed."

"No, I hid before it could take me too," Crow tells them.

"I wish we could see what's happening down there," Leo says, looking back over to where Yusei and Xina were at.

Crow then walks over to his runner and touches the screen. The screen reveals the play by play of Kalin vs Yusei and Xina. Leo, Luna and Trudge walk over to see the screen.