Chapter 32: Finding Out the Truth

*edited 07/14/2020*

*as an apology for making you guys wait, this chapter is a long one ;) this chapter also has cute moments, funny moments near the end and a few sad ones, so grab ya snacks and tissues*
*i also did not reread this for mistakes lol*
(6339 words)

Finding Out the Truth

Akiza was roaming around an abandoned amusement park, searching for Misty. She walks around as she thought, "These abandoned amusement parks are so creepy." Soon, she encounters a maze of mirrors. She walks in and the door shuts behind her suddenly. Akiza got a spooked as she looks back at the door. She then hears a voice, "You have no idea how long I've waited for this moment, Black Rose."

Akiza turns back around to see Misty's face reflecting on the mirrors. "I don't go by that name anymore, Misty," Akiza simply tells her.

"Oh, but it suited you so well. Especially after what you did to my brother!" Misty snaps.

"Misty, I don't know who-"

"Save it for the cards, Black Rose. I will avenge my brother's death on you once and for all. Now, we should begin," Misty tells her as her face disappears down one of the mirrored halls, laughing evilly. Akiza slowly follows, activating her duel disk.

Soon, the purple flamed barrier surrounds all around the old park and the symbol of a lizard reflects onto the dark clouded sky.

-

Yusei was looking for Akiza since her duel between Misty, who is a Dark Signer, has already started. The twins and Crow walked around as well, looking for her. Trudge was looking for Mina since Mina was with Akiza.

As Yusei continued his search, he hears someone shout, "Look out!" This makes Yusei look up to see a sign falling off of one the roller coasters. Yusei quickly moved out of the way as the sign crashed onto the ground where Yusei was standing.

The person who shouted at him went up to Yusei asking, "Hey, are you okay?"

Yusei looks to see a man in a brown coat and hat. The man had dark burgundy hair that covered half his face, and he wore sunglasses. This man almost looked like a spy.

"Yes, I am fine thanks to you. Who are you?" Yusei questions.

"I am from Sector Security Bureau and I came looking for you and the rest of the Signers under Director Goodwin's order," He responds, showing his badge.

Yusei looks at him skeptically as he wondered, "Why would Goodwin send someone?"

"I appreciate it but it's not safe," Yusei tells him.

"I am aware of all the details about these Dark Signers and prepared for such risks," He tells him. He adds, "Besides, we need to start looking for Akiza quick. She has to win this duel with the Dark Signer for the sake of New Domino City."

Yusei looked at him and nods. "Fine, but don't say I didn't warn you." He turns around to continue his search.

The man follows behind with a devious smirk on his face. He thinks, "Don't worry, Akiza. I am coming for you."

-

Xina and Jack reached to the old amusement park. They stop their runners as they looked up at the sky seeing the lizard symbol.

"The duel has started already," Jack mentions as he gets off his runner, taking his helmet off as well.

"Which means there's still hope that we can do this on time," Xina says, also getting off her runner.