Kacchan

Bakugou took a deep breath before crossing through the gate into UA. Around him, others walked, each heading to the same place. Each wanting the same thing.

To be a hero.

He wiped his sweaty palms against his trousers. It was just some stupid entrance exam, he assured himself, he would pass. But some part of him was worried. Worried that he wouldn't, that he wouldn't be able to achieve his dream, for himself and for Izuku.

He entered the hall where the exam would be explained, unaware of the eyes that followed him.

Despite himself, Izuku had followed Bakugou to UA. He floated through the floor, following his distinctive footsteps all the way to the hall.

He couldn't help but want to see how Bakugou did, even if he had managed to change the way he thought about him. He had realised that his admiration was stupid, and that it didn't make up for what he had done.

Over the last ten months, he had grown so much.

He wasn't even sure if he wanted Bakugou to pass or not. Somehow, he felt that it would be nice to see him fail, to see him fail flat, even if it was just once.

Rei had tried to talk him out of coming, but that hadn't worked. Izuku had expected her to apply herself but she just shook her head, saying her parents had other plans for her.

"They want to train me themselves, like home schooling. Since they're both heroes, I'll be able to go to the provisional licensing exams and stuff, only problem is my parents are never home to teach me, so I don't learn everything. That's also why I can be out being a vigilante all day and have noone notice."

She did get him to wear an ear communicator, though, which was something, at least. Izuku found a corner of the hall where noone would spot him and floated out from the ground, listening to what Present Mic said.

He kept on turning to look at Bakugou, though. He was the reason he had come, after all. The boy was sat there, flipping a card over in his hands and staring at his feet. He looked a lot calmer than Izuku remembered, but he never knew what Bakugou was like when he wasn't around.

The only side he had ever seen was the loud and angry bully, he had never know Bakugou when he was calmer. Maybe this was what he was always like when he wasn't around. Maybe Baugou was only like that when he was around.

Bakugou seemed to sense his staring as he quickly spun around, his eyes landing on the small boy, hidden in the corner.

Izuku felt panic spread through his body, but quickly reassured himself that Bakugou wouldn't recognize him. Rei had spent almost an hour on make-up and he was wearing her pale blue wig, and even some brown contact lenses she had found somewhere.

Rei had also decided that with all this, he looked more like a girl, so he had been forced into a skirt as well.

Bakugou stuck his middle finger up at the girl who was staring at him, then turned back to Present Mic. He heard slight giggling and looked back up at the girl, who quickly covered her mouth and stopped.

The next time he looked up, the girl was gone, not that he really minded. Somehow, the girl reminded him of Deku, and that just pissed him off. Still, some part of him wanted to see her again. He just stood up and walked out of the hall with the other examinees.

He headed to where he was taking the exam, but he kept on feeling someone staring at his back. Whenever he turned around, there was noone there, but the feeling wouldn't go away.

He reached the fake city where they were taking the exam and started to stretch. The feeling was still there. He turned around again and saw someone with long blue hair quickly look away from him.

The girl.

He pushed through the crowd, but she turned and walked off in the opposite direction. He kept his eyes fixed on her, watching her and trying to see where she was going. When he was close enough to her, he reached out to tap her shoulder.

"Go!" Present Mic called.

Bakugou looked up to see the gates were opened, then glanced back at where the girl was, to see she had disappeared again. He grunted and ran off into the city, exploding every robot in sight.

Izuku hid inside of one of the fake buildings, watching Bakugou through the windows. The blond destroyed another three-pointer, blowing it into smithereens and he had to bite the inside of his cheek to stop himself from laughing.

If Rei was here, she would be making sound effects as he went. Bakugou blew up another robot, and Izuku muttered "Boom." under his breath.

Though, if Rei were here, she would have at least tried to beat Bakugou up. Knowing her, she would have won as well and destroyed Bakugou's pride at the same time.

The ground started to shake and Bakugou looked around him, spotting the massive zero pointer. He smirked and started to run at it. He used two explosions to power himself upwards at the robot. "Diiiiiiieeeeeeeee!"

He reached out, sending a large explosion at the robot, but it fell before he could. He slowed his fall and looked around, looking for the bastard who beat the robot before him.

To his surprise, he heard a familiar giggle and saw the girl he had been trying to find stood on top of the robot, holding a cut wire in her hand. She dropped the wire and smiled over at Bakugou.

"Not quite fast enough, Kacchan."

Bakugou's eyes grew wide and he stared at the girl. Deku... he thought staring up at the girl. Maybe she knew Deku? That had to be it, right? He knew it! He knew Deku wasn't dead! He ran over to the girl but she just ran away again.

"Wait!" He yelled after her, too shocked and tired to run. "You know Deku? Is he alive? Where is he!?"

But the girl just ignored him and ran into an alleyway, just as the exam ended.

Izuku glanced back at where Bakugou was standing and cursed under his breath. Rei was going to kill him when she found out.