Suspicions

"Rei!" Came a shout. Rei turned and saw Kirishima running over to her. "I didn't know you were a hero in training? What school do you go to?"

Rei smiled slightly. "I'm homeschooled. Both of my parents are heroes so I can go to things like this."

Iida seemed to have spotted her and walked over, followed by a brown haired girl. "I wasn't aware tou were from a hero family."

Rei shrugged. "My parents are the heroes Zero and Marine. Their in the stands."

"Hi!" The brown haired girl introduced. "I'm Ochaco Uraraka!"

Rei smiled at her. "Rei Hagakure. Toru's my twin sister."

At that, half of class 1a ran over to her and started shouting various things. "I didn't know Hagakure had a sister." "What's your quirk?" "I like your boobs."

Rei threw Mineta across the room, then started answering everyone's questions.

***

Izuku was waiting in the stands with the four pro heroes. He took the opportunity to find out as much about their quirks as he could, hoping that he would be able to remember it for when he could write it down.

Aizawa was also doing some digging. Asking what high school he went to, when his birthday was, what his parent's quirks were. Izuku managed to come up with answers for all of them, and Aizawa eventually gave up. Eventually, Izuku prepared himself and asked him the question he had been thinking the entire time.

"So, the way you reacted when you heard my name, has Bakugou mentioned me?"

Aizawa's eyes shot to Izuku. "Yeah, I think he has."

Izuku leaned back in his seat. "Really? But Bakugou always calls me Deku, so you wouldn't recognise the name even if he had. I don't think he would mention me at all, to be honest."

Aizawa felt panic run through him. "It might have been Toru?" He said, though it sounded more like a question.

Izuku stared at Aizawa. "I didn't think she would mention me in front of a teacher." He muttered, Aizawa only just heard him.

He cleared his throat and glanced around. The other had gone to grab drinks for when the test started again. "Since you knew Bakugou, you might be able to answer a question for me."

Izuku nodded.

"Has Bakugou killed anyone?"

Izuku's body went tense and he stared straight forward, avoiding Aizawa's gaze. How much did Aizawa know?

He looked down at the floor and nodded slowly. "There was a quirkless boy at our school. Everyone made fun of him, Bakugou worse than anyone. The boy killed himself, a bit more than a year ago. I remember Bakugou went home early that day, said he was ill. I think he blamed himself for the boy's death."

Aizawa looked at Izuku. His story sounded true but something was still off. "Were you close to him? The boy."

Izuku's face fell. "I...I'm going to get a drink."

And with that, he floated away, making sure Aizawa was looking away before gloating out of the arena. He floated up to the roof and lay down there, looking over the edge into the arena. He saw Aizawa sat there, looking thoughtful.

The other heroes joined them and Aizawa said something to them. They looked confused and all four heroes stood up and walked off.

Izuku took his phone from his pocket and texted Rei, telling her what happened. She responded quickly saying about what was happening with her.

He took a deep breath and messaged her to tell Bakugou about it as well. He needed Bakugou to play along with his lies if he wanted to get away with them. If Aizawa asked Bakugou about him and he said anything wrong, then Aizawa will get even more suspicious.

Rei read Izuku's message and pushed through the crowd, searching for the spikey haired blond. She managed to find him and gave him her phone. He read through the messages and passed it back to her.

"Fine. Whatever."

Rei walked back over to the rest of the class. "What was that about?" "You know Bakugou?" "Why did you give him your phone?"

Toru gave her a sympathetic smile and she turned to the class.

"A friend of mine grew up with him. They wanted me to show him something." She looked over at Toru. "We should be preparing for the next round." She grabbed Toru's hand and they started walking over to an empty corner. "It'll probably be teams or rescue..."

***

Sorry about the short chapter!