Chapter 2: To Making New Memories

"Sometimes I still think it's coming but I know it's not
Tryin' to breathe in and then out but the air gets caught."

Song: Control ~ Zoe Wees

***

2. To Making New Memories

I slept that evening after Tess left my room and didn't wake up until the next morning. I sighed when I realized I was still in my clothes from the day before. I got up and took a shower in the adjoining bathroom and then got dressed in simple denim shorts and a loose fitting top. I hesitated before opening the door. Going over to my bed, I grabbed the small plastic bag I hid under the mattress and took out a pill, swallowing it dry. That was probably enough to get me through talking to people. I cleaned up and then went downstairs. The heavenly scent of breakfast cooking met me and my brain automatically directed me to the kitchen.

"Morning Shayley!" Tess chirped, munching on a piece of bacon.

I noticed more people were there - Renée and Austin.

"Hi guys," I chuckled.

A part of me felt good seeing them again I wasn't going to lie.

"Shayley," Renée smirked.

The two of us had come to like each other I guess. She wasn't as bad as I used to think she was and she proved that.

"What, Jess finally dumped you?" I asked Austin.

"You wish," he said. "She's coming with Shawn and Khalan."

"Pity," I joked. "I always told her she could do better."

"You love me and you know it," he said.

"Kiss my ass Reed," I joked.

He walked over and enveloped me in the tightest hug. Austin and I had a funny relationship. We loved each other to death but neither of us was going to actually admit that out loud. We bickered all the time but I really wouldn't have had it an other way. He was my brother.

"Jess has really missed you you know? They both have," he said softly, referring to Khalan by saying both.

"I know, so have I," I said.

He stepped back. "I've missed you too."

I smirked. "So have I Reed, believe it or not, so have I."

"Breakfast?" Tess offered.

I nodded and took a seat at the island. "I could eat a horse."

"Okay well stay away from the barn," Liam said.

Jacob chuckled and slid a plate of eggs and bacon to me, a half smile on his face.

"Thanks," I said.

"So what's the agenda for today?" Renée asked.

"Well, you guys are going to get settled and the others are going to arrive later today," Jacob answered.

"And then we can get this fucking show on the road," Liam added, bouncing in his seat.

How was this boy still single?

An idea popped into my head.

"Getting settled? Great. Renée, you're my roommate for the summer," I said.

She chuckled. "Excited aren't we? But okay, I don't mind that."

Like I said, she was a good person. Plus she wasn't going to poke her nose in my business like Khalan and Jessica would. Granted, they would probably share rooms with their boyfriends, but I wasn't going to take that chance.