Chapter 27: A Dog Sitting On A Toilet

"Yesterday done came and gone
Ain't it time to bury them bones."

Song: Bones ~ Garrison Starr

***

27. A Dog Sitting On A Toilet

I loved waking up next to Jacob in the mornings. The fact that his smile was the first thing I saw made my day ten times better even though it had barely begun.

Today was already ten times better.

I rolled over onto his chest and kissed his jaw. "Wake up."

A smile spread across his face, and he grabbed me and reversed our positions. "I'm awake now."

He tried to kiss me but I turned my head in laughter. "I have morning breath."

"So do I," he chuckled.

He turned my face back to meet his and kissed me firmly. I ran my fingers through his hair and kissed him back.

Yeah, I love him.

His lips trailed my jaw, and then down my neck.

"I should stop here," he mumbled.

I sucked in a breath as he buried his face in the crook of my neck. "Why?"

"Because we have to get up."

I chuckled. "We really don't. It's like seven a.m.."

He got off me and laughed. "Yeah we do. We're going out, just us."

I smiled. "Like a date?"

He only kissed my forehead and got up, leaving with a wink.

I smiled stupidly when he closed the door. I was happy. It wasn't forced, I wasn't pretending, and I wasn't high.

I was genuinely happy.

It felt great.

I got up and took a shower and then got dressed in simple shorts and a t-shirt before going down. Jacob was already waiting for me.

"That was quicker than I expected," he remarked.

I chuckled. "Shut up."

I went over to him and kissed his cheek, and he held my face in his hands, laughing softly.

"What?"

He shook his head. "You're in my arms, it still doesn't feel real."

I smiled as his eyes bore into mine. He leaned down to kiss me, but we were interrupted.

"Goodness guys, I just came in here for a glass of milk," Tess said sleepily. "Not this."

Jacob chuckled. "Go back to bed."

She groaned and practically sleepwalked away.

I chuckled, and then something caught my eye. "What's this?" I asked, pointing to a basket.

"Food," he replied. "Did you really think I'd take you out this early and not feed you?"

"Now you sir, know how to make a girl happy," I smirked.

"Well, shall we get going?" he asked me.

I nodded. "Mhm."

He took my hand and led me out to the stable.

"Don't tell me we're-"

"Riding the horses?" he chuckled. "Yes we are."

"Jacob," I groaned.