Chapter 28: Shit Just Happened

Previously on How to Get Away With Murder...

Nah I'm just kidding. Loved that show though.

But previouslyyyyy...well things were off to a good start for #Jayley but then Charlie arrived. So the question is...what does he want???? Drama, or no drama? We'll find out I guess.

Little disclaimer though, it's about to get a little bit steamy up in here folks. ;) I kept it PG though! With that said...

Happy reading!

***

"I see your, fingerprints around my soul
Fillin' in the gaps with gold
You said you're never givin' up on me."

Song: Bits and Pieces ~ JP Cooper

***

28. Shit Just Happened

I lay on my bed that late afternoon after waking up from my nap. A few moments later I heard someone knock on the door.

"Come in," I responded.

The person only kept knocking.

"Whoever that is, it's open," I told them.

More knocks.

"Oh come on," I groaned, getting up to open it.

And once I did, I froze. I froze, big time. Time stopped, and I swear I could hear my heart thump in my chest. I didn't know what to say, and so I managed to articulate the first and only question that popped into my mind.

"What the fuck are you doing here?"

Charlie only smiled softly. "It's nice to see you too Shayley."

Charlie...my ex boyfriend...the first person I truly felt something for...is here...now....why?!?

"You didn't answer my question," I said. "How are you here? Why? Did Khalan put you up to this?"

"Shay,  calm down," he said. "And no, my sister didn't put me up to this, I asked Shawn for help, and he asked Jacob if it was cool-"

"Jacob?" I immediately asked. "Why would you ask Jacob if this was cool?"

"Because this is his place and I didn't want to show up unannounced?" he said. "Is there supposed to be another reason?"

"Well...I...okay, but why?" I managed to say.

"I'm on a lay over Shayley," he explained. "My next flight leaves in three hours, but I couldn't leave without talking to you. Not when you were so close. I've missed you...a lot."

My heart tightened in my chest. He didn't still have feelings for me did he? He had a girlfriend now according to Khalan. I hated to admit it, but I owed him a chance to at least talk. I probably broke him after breaking up with him without giving him a reason.

"Okay."

"Okay?"

"Okay, we can talk," I agreed. "But let's take a walk instead, I don't want to talk here."

He nodded and stepped aside. "Lead the way."

"Charlie?"

I stepped out and saw Khalan in the hallway, looking as confused as ever.