Chapter 13: We Could All Use Some Saving

If you think you're confused, well then get ready to add to that confusion ;).

"Two young kids who were messing around
With something they couldn't understand."

Song: You And Me ~ Aaron Wright

***

13. We Could All Use Some Saving

I couldn't believe Shawn told.

Well, frankly I could. Like I said, it was only a matter of time. Still, having your business out in the open wasn't a nice feeling.

They'd all see me differently. Jacob would see me differently...

"Hey."

Speak of the devil and he shall appear huh?

"Hi," I said, forcing a smile as Jacob sat next to me on the couch.

"So, you fancy another early morning adventure?" he asked me.

My stomach turned. The last time we went on one of those well...things got a little too intense for me.

"I promise not to go all therapist on you," he chuckled when he sensed my hesitation.

I nodded. "Uh, yeah. Sure, I'd love to."

"Good," he smiled. "I'll see you in the morning then."

"Six o'clock?" I asked.

He nodded. "You know it."

I smiled, and turned my attention back to the movie we were all watching. My gaze met Liam's and the end of his lips turned up into a smirk.

I rolled my eyes. "Go ahead," I mouthed.

"I'm watching you," he mouthed back and I heard Jacob chuckle beside me.

Liam smiled, and then he got up to wedge himself in between Jacob and I.

"Dude, really?" Jacob questioned him.

"Why, are you bothered by me sitting beside Shayley, Jacob?" Liam teased. "Hmmm?"

Jacob rolled his eyes and leaned back and I fought the urge to laugh at the scowl on his face.

Liam turned to me and poured. "Do you want me to move?"

I shook my head, wrapped my hands around his bicep and leaned my head on his shoulder.

"Nope," I laughed, hoping to pull Jacob's legs a bit. "I'm fine with you right here."

He gave me one of his signature childlike grins, and that was enough to make me smile.

*********

I was up at five the next morning, so at least I could call that a decent sleep. I lay in my bed for a while and then got ready - not forgetting my daily dose of course- to go and meet Jacob.

"Hey," I said once I stepped out into the patio.

He grinned and held up two life jackets. "Hello."

My smile faltered. "Please don't tell me we're going swimming at this time of day. The water's probably freezing."

He chuckled. "It involves water, yes, but no, it's not swimming."

"What then?"

"We are going canoeing" he told me. "Out on the lake."

"Oh, well sorry I assumed we'd canoe in the middle of the desert," I remarked sarcastically.

"Sassy," he said and I laughed.