Chapter Thirteen

STACY

I got a text from Nick after I got back from the bathroom early in the morning. I was surprised but quickly responded with enough gittiness to bounce around my room. Matthew was sleeping soundly as I plopped on my bed with a huge smile on my face.

"Good morning!"

"Good morning, handsome. I can't remember the last time you texted me that."

"Well, some of us don't have the luxury of having to get up as early as you."

"You sleep well?"

"Actually ... "
"No, not really. I had a stupid dream."

"😕"
"Sorry,"

"It was about you."

"Really? You don't have to tell me about it if you don't want to."

"I don't know, I kind of feel like I need to tell you something."

My heart rate began to quicken as I prayed he wasn't about to take back all his feelings for me. I couldn't bear it.

"You can tell me anything."

He didn't respond and I decided to get dressed. All my cheerfulness was gone and I wished a conversation like this hadn't happened so early in the morning.

I looked at my phone while in the car one last time before turning it off and climbing out of the vehicle and into the church building. I stopped in the foyer upon seeing Nick, very surprised that he was gracing me with his presence in the church building this early in the morning!

"Nick, what are you doing here?" I asked, I walked up to him and didn't know if I could touch him or not. Even if I could I wouldn't have been able to tell where the best spot would have been. His chest? His hand? His shoulder? His neck? His face? Where!?

"I wanted to talk to you in person." He said a bit nervous and a little shaky. We sat down on the couches the foyer of the church provided and held hands. A few other seminary kids saw us but turned their heads toward class. For once I was okay to miss class. Nick seemed troubled, and I wanted to help him.

"What's bothering you?" I attempted to ask. He took in a deep breath and swallowed, then released that deep breath.

"I ... feel like a complete ... " he pulled his hand away from me and covered his face. "This is so embarrassing. I don't even talk to Kyle or my mom about this kind of sh—crap." I placed my hand on his knee in which he uncovered his face and leaned back on the couch.

"Just spit it out." I encouraged kindly. "I won't judge you if that's what you're afraid of," I leaned back on the couch with him and folded my arms.

"I had a sex dream last night." My eyes widened and I kind of thought it was funny. At the same time, however, I wondered what the future held on the fact of if I was going to be pressured by him or not.

"I'm guessing I was in the dream?" He nodded. He then shook his head and stood up.

He ran his hands through his unruly light hair and began to pace the room. "For some reason, I woke up this morning feeling like complete crap. Like I needed to confide in someone about the thoughts spinning round in my head. I've had sex before and it's no big surprise that I dream about it. But the fact that it was you made me feel like shi—garbage." He looked at me. "You're not saying anything." I wasn't. I was allowing him to vent. "Are you upset?" He came over and sat back down beside me, incredibly close might I just add.