Chapter Twenty

STACY

Nick was quiet throughout the morning as everyone packed. We both climbed into the back of the car, and when no one was looking, Nick embraced my face in his large hands and kissed me hard. I giggled and he pulled away.

I grabbed out my phone and wrote: "I love you" in the notes section. Then I gave him the phone. He smiled at it then did something I wasn't expecting. He grabbed my chubby legs and twisted me around so that they were on his lap. He rested his hand on my knees and asked for my phone.

"I love you, too." I smiled and made a kissy face at him. I had a strong urge to just be alone with Nick. I mentally made plans in my head to spend some alone time with him.

"Your mom's gone still. What if I come over to your place once we get home?" I typed into my phone. He looked at it.

"Is this the rebellious side of you that's coming out?" He texted. I pushed at his shoulder. "I like it." He added. I stole the phone from him and typed my next message.

"Keep a clean mind, I just want to cuddle with you, and I can't do that in front of my parents."

"Of course not, but come a little closer and I can hold you," I swung my legs off of him and scooted my big butt against his. He wrapped a thin arm around me and I rested my head on his chest. He pulled me close then shoved an earphone into my ear. We listened to Spotify for a little bit until service was out for half an hour. After that, we both fell asleep. Almost home, I placed a pillow on me and Nick laid against me. I stroked his unruly, light, brown hair as he caressed my knee. He drew a few hearts and I kissed his head a few times.

Once we got home, I told my parents that I was going to go to Nick's. I followed him in my own car and wished that I was sitting in the seat beside him. I parked behind his car in his driveway then went inside hand in hand. He squeezed it tight and I was glad to finally have alone time with him.

Once he unlocked the door to his house. He about yanked me inside. He immediately slammed me against the wall and I felt indefensible. He kissed my cheek then rested his hands on my thick love handles.

He chuckled. "You've gotten skinnier. Soon enough, there won't be as much for me to grab onto." I whacked his chest and he chuckled again. I wanted to whack him again just to hear that sound come from him again. That was the first time he's ever said anything about my weight. So he has been noticing the change in me.

"Do you ... like it?" I hesitated, eyeballing his swollen lips.

"Like what?"

"My body ... ."

"I like you, Stacy. I don't like you for your body. I like you for who you are. I mean, I know you only like me for my body." I whacked him. My wish was granted as I heard one of my favorite sounds in the world.

"Well, my goal is to get thin enough for you to pick me up and sit on your lap."

"Babe, please," he slithered his hands around my butt and behind my thighs when he suddenly grew wide-eyed and withdrew them. He scratched the back of his head and laughed nervously. "Sorry, I was going to pick you up onto my hips but ... I don't think it's appropriate." I giggled. Instead, he turned and squatted. "Get on."

"A piggyback ride?"

"Yeah, get on."

"I don't know. Are you sure? Wait—quick! How much do you weigh?"

"I'll tell you once you climb on!"

"Nooowa." I squirmed.

"Stacy, trust me." Be confident. Be confident. He's not gonna break up with you just because he can't carry you. Be confident. If he can't lift you, you'll just work out even more! I nodded and wrapped my chubby legs around his skinny waist and my chunky arms around his thin neck. He lifted himself to a full stand up and I yelped. Suddenly he began to run.

"Wait!" But he just laughed and ran around the downstairs of his house while carrying an elephant on his back.

I was enjoying myself and him until the thought of his strong hands gripping the fat under my knees spilled into my mind. "Stop!" I demanded.

Nick stopped. He suddenly began to sway and I became worried. "Oh, you're so heavy! Ahhhh!" I whacked him but he wouldn't let go. He neared the couch, ready to get this heavy weight off him. "Ahh! I'm carrying my world on my back!" I blushed and my stomach fluttered. He smiled and plopped me down on the couch, staying in front of me and resting his head on my shoulder. "Oooo, squishy," I hit him. "Are you going to hit me all night?" I grabbed his head and kissed his forehead. "Come on, I deserve a better kiss than that." I tucked a loose strand of oily, dark hair behind my ear and shifted my body and head. Nick covered both of my knees with his tan hands and gripped them gently. We kissed and I thought about how strange it was that I was kissing him sideways. Definitely a different kind of experience. We kept kissing and I made room for him to sit beside me. He did.

We kissed each other's faces off as I clenched his arm and he kept his hands on my waist.

He's gotten so good. He used to always try to sneak to my butt but I conditioned him.

One of his hands began to wander upward. I didn't think anything of it since it was just my back. That was until I felt him go over a lump of back fat. I pulled away, still self conscious of my weight.

"I should get home," I got up but Nick yanked me by my hand and onto his lap.

"Don't go just yet. It's only six o'clock." We stared at each other both not knowing what to say. I nodded and wrapped my arms around him. He did the same and rubbed his thumbs up and down. I closed my eyes and just loved the feeling of being on a boy's lap.

I ended up not getting home for another two hours. We watched a movie but also kissed some more.

"How is Nick? Did he like the trip?" My mom asked as I entered the kitchen after coming home.

"He's doing good. And he really—I mean really—liked the trip. He really enjoyed it, mom."

"That's good. What did you two do at his place? Is his mom still gone?"

"We watched a movie. And yeah, his mom is gone. She won't be back until after Easter."

"Okay," my mom began with a testy, worried, warning tone, "don't be doing any funny business when adults aren't around." I nodded but thought about the amazing time I always had whenever I kiss the boy I love.

"Nothing happened." I immediately felt guilty for telling my mom that. "Well, we kissed a little but we really did watch a movie together. Fun enough, Nick wanted to prove to me that he could carry me, so he ran around the house with me on piggyback." My mom smiled cheekily.

"You should invite him to Savior of the World or Life of Christ. Whatever it's called." I nodded. "Also see if he'd enjoy coming for Easter, since his mom won't even be there." I nodded again and grabbed out my phone, texting him those two invites.

He agreed to go to both of them if I agreed to have dinner with his mom and James, Sallie's boyfriend. I said okay.