Chapter Eighteen

NICK

"All packed."

"I'm so excited!"

"Our first Vacation together!"🚐

"Except there's no RV."😒

"I know, which means I get to sit next to you even closer in the car."😏😘

"Yeah, and the rear view mirror at my dad's advantage,"

"Ouch, better not get too close to papa bear's princess."

"That's right,"

"Alright, I'll see you in five, love you,"

"Love you,"

"Alright mom! I'm off to Stacy's." I walked out of my room with my duffel bag and made my way down the stairs. My mom came out of her room and gave me a hug.

"Oh I'll miss you so much. You sure you don't want to go to Hawaii with James and I?"

"If James gave Stacy his ticket than sure." My mom slapped my shoulder.

"It's been five months now Nick. How come you don't like James?"

"Probably because he's not good enough for you,"

"Well he's better than your father, that's for sure."

"I believe it, but you deserve ... mom, you deserve ... I don't know. You deserve the world, and I just can't imagine a good enough man who could give you it." She smiled and hugged me again.

"We all want to be happy, Nick. And James makes me happy. Do you think you've given Stacy the world?" I shrugged. "But she makes you happy." I reluctantly smiled.

"Fine, once we both get back from Spring Break, I'll look into opening my schedule for a night with James." My mom squealed. "Of course Stacy will be invited."

"Ugh, you spend so much time at her house,"

"Well, you're always gone and her family is always there. I feel bad taking Stacy here and only being able to watch movies."

"You guys haven't ... " I looked at her confusingly until she bumped two fists together.

"Oh, gosh no. No. No no no no. She's saving herself till marriage." My mom's eyes widened.

"Wow, I wish I had saved myself for marriage." I looked down at my feet. "Well, you go have fun up at Teton valley and I'll have fun with James in Hawaii." We both nodded then I left.

I got to Stacy's house and was welcomed like I was part of it. I really liked the Travies. I wondered if the family would be okay if I stole Stacy from Travie and made her a Cam. Stacy Cam. Stacy Kelly Cam. I liked the ring of it.

I helped load up the suburban, well, actually pack it all on the top. Seating arrangements went as follows: Mr. Travie at the wheel, Jared in the middle, Mrs. Travie in the passenger seat. Behind papa bear was Ryan, next to him Laura, then her husband John. Behind John, his brother, Mathew, who was next to Kelly, who sat next to Rick. Stacy and I were left in the booster seat in the back trunk. I didn't mind at all. That meant I could do whatever I wanted without her dad's rear view mirror spying on us. It would have been smart to put the twins or even Jared back here but Stacy and I didn't want to be separated from each other. We were going to put all the girls on one bench and all the boys on another but Mathew wanted to be by his girlfriend and I'm glad he admitted that because I wanted to be by mine too.