Chapter Thirty-Four

STACY

I smiled at the happy girl in the mirror before me. I fixed my cap and flattened out any wrinkles in my purple gown one last time. I looked down at my hand as I exited the bathroom, playing with my boyfriend's class ring.

"Stacy! You ready!? You don't want to be late to your own graduation, do you?"

"Nooo!" I called back to my dad. I ran down the stairs in flats and jumped in my father's arms.

"Let's go then." I nodded with a stupid grin on my face and I followed everyone outside to the car.

I texted Nick during the drive to the high school.

"We're graduating!"

"Yep! I can't wait!👩🏻‍🎓❤️👨🏼‍🎓"

"Cute!😘"

"I bet you look cute."😏

"🤓"
"I look like I'm in college."

"At least you don't have to wear black! I really look like I'm graduating college."

"I bet you look handsome in your gown."
"Who am I kidding? You look handsome in anything."

"Just you wait, you won't be able to keep your hands off me."

"Babe, I have to wait like three years to get at what you're implying."😒

"All the sweeter I'll be till then."

"You nasty boy."

"😜"

"🤪"

"😘"

"🥰"

"🐶"

"🐙"

An hour later, Nick and I were both sitting back down after receiving our diplomas. We weren't beside each other but we constantly made eye contact throughout the ceremony. After graduation, we found each other and kissed. We got pictures together and with our families.

Over the past two weeks, Nick's mom got engaged to James. Nick had a talk to him and it was hilarious. Nick tried to act like an old man with a gun in his lap while talking to his future step-dad.

Kyle and Emma took pictures with us as well. My family hosted a party for the four of us at our house after the ceremony.

After dinner, and while all the other guests were in the house, the four of us went outside to enjoy our last few minutes of being high school seniors.

"This is it." Kyle said as we all stared up at the star-lit sky.

The grass itched at my bare legs as I laid on the ground in a dress. Nick and Kyle wore slacks and white shirts. Emma was also in a dress.

"Yep." Nick added. "We're adults here soon."

"I don't want to grow up," Emma said.