Graduation

1 year later
(Monroe POV)
"Monroe White" the principal said. I walked across the stage with so much joy and excitement. Yes! I finally graduated. I was so proud of myself. I just wish that my dad was here to see me on my special day.

After the ceremony, I went looking for Andrew. He also graduated. I suddenly felt a tug on my waist and was turned around. I felt a familiar pair of lips crash into mine. I pulled away and saw that it was Andrew. I smiled and gave him a bear hug.

"I can't believe we finally graduated I'm so proud of you!" He smiled"I have to go spend some time with my family. It's a dinner. You could come if you want."

"Drew you know that your mom doesn't like me at all. I don't want to ruin your family dinner and cause tension." He frowned then nodded." Hey don't worry about me go spend some time with your family. I'm going to the mall to go take some pictures!" He smiled then gave me a kiss and walked away.

You're probably wondering why his mom doesn't like me. Well I don't really know because one day he took me to meet his family. Once his mom opened the door and saw me she had a disgusted look on her face. I think it's because of the skin I'm in (😂). Everyone else liked me except for his mom and grandmother. I don't mind though because I've learned not to wake up every day for what people think about me.

I took my car and drove to the mall. Yes, I have a car I had saved up money from my job to buy a car. Andrew was mad when he saw it. He said that he should be the one buying me a car. I don't want to spend his money.

When I got to the mall I went to the photo studio and asked for the biggest bundle. I was about to pay when I saw a hand giving the cashier a card. I turned around and saw Andrew.

(Andrew POV)
I don't know why my mom hates Monroe so much. When she saw me come back alone to go to the dinner, she looked happy and said.." Thank goodness you didn't bring that Monique girl over here.".." It's Monroe and she didn't want to come so you didn't cause tension." I rolled my eyes.

When we got to the dinner I saw all of my family. They congratulated me and we ate. Everyone was having fun except me, I missed Monroe. I just got up and left. I was going to the mall, hopefully she didn't take the pictures yet.

When I arrived at the mall I saw that she was about to pay I pulled my card my card out and handed it to the cashier. She saw me and smiled. I gave her a kiss and we went to go sit down at a bench while we waited for the time to go take the photos.

"Why did you come?" She asked

"Because I wanted to be with you. I missed you!" She giggled and laid her head on my shoulder. I just love moments like this with no stress or anything. I played in her wild curls that now reaches past her butt. Our babies will have a lot of hair. African and Hispanic hair is very long and grows really fast.

"Andrew!" Someone shrieked. I looked and saw that it was Nicole. She was one of my old friends in elementary and middle school. She always thought we were best friends but I never liked her. She came up to me all excitingly. I saw her with another boy walking besides her. Monroe looked up to see what was going on.

"Hey Andrew! It's me Nicole, your best friend!"

"Hey" I said bluntly. She looked and Monroe and gave her a stank look. Monroe just looked at me with a confused face and I gave her a look that said I'll explain later. I looked at the boy beside her and saw that he was checking Monroe out. I was fuming on the inside and outside. Everyone could clearly see that I was angry. Monroe softly put her hand on my thigh and tried to calm me down but it didn't work.

I walked up to the people that owned the studio and asked if it was time for us to take a picture. She said yes and I went to go get Monroe. As we started taking pictures I asked "what pose you wanna do" "what are you talking about" said Monroe .. I laughed at her thought and kissed her cheek , I grabbed her by the hips and hugged her from the back and asked her to smile .. We both started smiling while the camera man told us to say "GRADUATION"