¬ 3

WE ALL LOSE

(RIM OF THE WORLD ADVENTURE CAMP)

"Set fires to my forests."

ALEX'S POV-

                         "You know I went to camp when I was a little girl," she said again,  "You've said." "That's where I met Flora Beetworth. I met a lot of cool people but she was the coolest-" my attention was brought towards the sirens blaring behind me, turning in my seat I stared at the red vehicle going past. Memories of that night flooded through me. Fire. I looked down at my watch from my dad, "Are you sure you wanna take your dad's watch?" my mouth dropped slightly this was the only thing left of my dad. "Mum, I can take care of his watch." Finally we got off the motorway and headed into the mountains, I saw a lake with people already canoeing on it, why

Pulling up outside the camp I slid out the back door, looking at all the people here, 3 caught my attention. 2 brunettes and a ginger. "Ooooo who are you looking at." my mum whispered in my ear, "Mum, stop, seriously!" she walked towards the entrance more "Come on honey. You'll do great, just look how beautiful it is!" wrapping her arm around my shoulder we continued into the camp. As we walked into camp together a camp leader came up to us pulling the 3 girls with him from earlier, "Alex! I am your leader, Logan. This is Jackie, Jay and Jade. The 3 J's!" pointing to the 3 from earlier. I noticed Jackie, I think, covered in bruises and scars, Jay's face stopped smiling as soon as we spoke but the ginger one caught my eye, she was really pretty and she looked skinny, not skinny that her metabolism is fast but skinny as in she was starved, she must be Jade. "Hi I'm Jade!" she was British. "I-I just said th- never mind!" Logan fussed, carrying on he began to walk off, I stumbled trying to follow him, earning a slight giggle from Jade my face was now red like a tomato. "Now, if you look around, you'll see a lot of interesting things. First interesting thing we have is Carl right here. He is the black man on the campus. We gonna teach you about the black culture, pay attention, gonna only do this once. Ready?" I heard Jackie just randomly talking, man she talks lots! They began to do some weird hand shake thing and were making grunting noises as they did it, "Snap! That's called the black man handshake." my mum laughed waving goodbye to Carl. "Okay, don't wanna see you doing that. Only for black people." Logan warned us, Jackie was still talking to Jade who looked like she wasn't listening, my face went red as I looked at her, stupid feelings! Walking away from Carl we stopped by a guy who was telling his 'driver' how to fold his  clothes, "Oh, hey, use retail method when folding my clothes, Jacobi. Okay? I don't wanna see any creases." turning away from Jacobi Logan asked this dude a question, "Retail what?" "Retail method." her replied in a duh tone. "What's  that?" "What rich people do. You wouldn't know." Jackie laughed at this, "You just- he just- haha OMG!" she couldn't stop laughing. "Well, helloooo ladies" eyeing them all up. Jackie stopped talking and just rolled her eyes and walked off waiting for us to move "I didn't like her anyway, she talked to much...." he muttered under his breath, Jade turned to me and started to talk to me, wow I think I like her already! "Ummm hi" she said, was she embarrassed? I smiled slightly. Looking over to see Jay and the guy talking, wow I feel for Jackie. Lonely.

JAY'S POV-

                    Jackie and Jade walked off leaving me this guy, "Soooo what's your name?" "My name is Dariush. And what is your name, Angel? Cause you sure look like one!"  I giggled at his goofiness, he's actually really sweet, "I'm Jay and thank you!" "Alright let's carry on going, stop all this lovey dovey stuff!" Jackie complained trying to walk away from Logan. "Don't turn your back, I'll slap you!" Jade's face looked scared after Logan said that, "They're just kidding." Alex's mum reassured her, "I'm Jade by the way, Alex's new friend!" "Same here, I'm Jay!" I quickly butted in, "DITTO! NOW LET'S GO!" "Shut up, Jackie! Just stop talking for once! Your always talking!" Dariush ranted at Jackie, "Hey! You just met me dude!" they began to have an argument, well they are not getting along well. But I like Dari-, wait stop I can't think like that! I looked at Alex who was staring over at Jade with a bright red face, nudging him to bring him back to reality, "Oh uhhhh, ye, that's uhhh, Jackie, over there," "Okay, well I'm Mary and I'm Alex's mum and I am glad you guys are accepting him, he has never really had any frien-" "MOM!" "Hey it's okay we just became friends too, none of us had friends before," I told him seeing his embarrassed expression, he exhaled, "oh thank god....." he murmured. "Alright, look, see we got music over here.....trees and the sky....."  Logan began to sing, laughing when Jackie fake puked. "Music!" Mary said excitedly, I like her! "Come on guys dance a bit. You know how to dance Jay?" Logan asked me, looking for Dariush to get out of this, where is he?! "Uhhhh..." Logan began to do some really awkward dancing, whilst I was answering him, the guy who was playing stopped playing, "Keep playing, I'm dancing. Keep playing, I'm dancing." thankfully the guitarist began to sing again, "I'm very uncomfortable. These girls are uncomfortable." Jackie was now on the ground laughing, and Jade was hiding her face in Alex's back trying not to laugh, I wasn't amused, I wanted to see Dariush again! Uhhh. Stupid feelings! Logan realising his mistake he quickly turned around apologising, "Oh, I'm sorry ladies. Cool. Maybe next time, no originals, play the people what they want." Logan said trying to get out of the mistake he made, "Let's go..." handing the singer the money we walked off towards another guy, "It's gonna fine. It's gonna be great." Jade said to Alex who's face showed pure confusion. "Uh, this, this is Conrad right here, okay. Conrad, he's a little-" "Look at all these people we are meeting guys!" Mary was so happy, Logan took a flask from Conrad's hand, "Sheesh, Conrad. W-what are you doing..?" Logan asked as Conrad got closer to Jade, he stumbled a bit closer to her, "Welcome to the jungle, ginger girl nugget..." he slurred out, "HEY!" Alex pulled Jade back behind him protectively, "Another ginger nugget..." I walked off slowly find Dariush.

JADE'S POV-

                     "HEY!" Alex pulled me behind him, I didn't like this Conrad guy, "Another ginger nugget..." Alex and I looked up at Mary who just shook her head, Jackie walked over to me and began to talk to me again, "I wonder if unicorns can actually fly, you know, waiiiitt thats a Pegas-" I cut her off, "JACKIE! Stop talking!" placing my hands on her shoulders to stop her from moving so much. "ooookkkkkaaayyyy...." she whispered and winked walking away slowly back next to Mary, she's weird but in a good way! I felt my hand brush against somebody's, looking up to see Alex with a bright red face, mine then turning the same color. "Sorry!" "Sorry!" apologising at the same time, we laughed when our faces just stopped, stopping when Logan started to 'tell' Conrad off. "Nope, can't call them that. Second of all, put you tities away." Conrad looked down at his chest, "What? These tities?" he began to move to up and down, I was disgusted. "Don't bonce the tities, I told you to put them away. Why is your shirt so small? It can't even connect." Logan and Conrad were fighting over how the T - Shirt was done up so Mary quickly moved us away from the situation.

"Guys, where did Jay go. Eh, anyway do you think turtles can slip out of their shells, OMG how do fish shower?!" we all groaned at Jackie began to talk..... again. "..... Oh look there Jay! JAY! OVER HERE!" Jackie called out towards Jay, "Hey guys I was just looking for the sign in place and i found it so I came back to find you guys, LET'S GO!" Entering the large dining room another counselor stopped us, he gasped, "You must be Alex, Jay, Jackie and Jade! Welcome to the Rim of the World Adventure Camp." he chuckled, "thanks...." Alex said enthusiastically. "Back there is registration, get checked in, get your cabin number. And we'll sign up for some afternoon activities. Hey, how are your pipes?" he pointed to us 3 girls, "What?" Jackie asked innocently, she is such a kid. "Our musical this year is Fiddler on the Roof! If I were a rich man La da da da da...." doing some footwork, we walked off saying goodbye, and towards the signing in table. I hope this gets more exciting!