¬ 14

JACKIE'S POV-

                          I am so happy for Jay, although Dariush and I don't get along, he does treat her well. After Alex fell we could see a clear view of the city, everything was destroyed, there was smoke everywhere and the sound of explosions were clear. ZhenZhen pulled Alex up, "You all right?" Jade asked him, Jay was looking out into the city with Dariushes arm wrapped around her shoulder, "Is that where we're going?" he asked, "Yes. Now let's get back on the road." I looked away from the city I once used to live in, dropping my skateboard and pushing slightly off the ground slowly rolling down the hill not looking back, I could feel everyone's eyes on me, "Is she okay?" somebody asked, nobody answered, they just followed. Once we reached the bottom we decided to go on foot, I picked up my board and Jade swapped her skates for her shoes which Zhen carried in her bag. The city was so quiet, nobody was around, as we walked through we walked passed a crashed airplane, the whole thing was in pieces. Nobody has spoken to me yet but Gabe has stuck close to me, that's what I like about him, he cares about me. To be fair there wasn't really much chat anyway none of us wanted to draw attention to anything, "There!" Jay said spotting the station, "Man, this place is trashed." Dariush said, "It looks empty." Jade spoke up, "Guys, I don't... Nobody's uh..." all of us stopping and looking at Gabriel, "What?" Dariush said turning around, "You guys go ahead. I'll just stay back and watch our bikes." he took off his helmet and didn't make any eye contact with us, "What? Oh, yeah, cause the aliens wanna jack our bikes." Dariush said aging, looking at Gabriel noticing he really didn't like it, "Yeah, looters could take them. Yeah, someone should stay and watch, I'll stay with him, you guys go in." I told them, making eye contact with Gabe smiling slightly, "Whatever, man." Dariush said dropping his bike the rest doing the same and then walking in. I watched as the others walked in, "Thanks, I uh don't like sheriff stations." Gabe said sitting against a tree, I went to join him, "I could tell and I'm sorry about walking off earlier, I guess I got a bit sad about seeing our home like this," resting my head on his shoulder, "So did you know Jay and Jade before this? You all seem pretty close" "No, they were my first ever friends, I met Jade in the woods 5 miles outside the camp she's british which I think is pretty cool, we ran into each other. And we saw Jay standing just looking into camp, we went to talk to her and we became friends and then we met you guys." "Why were you in the woods?" "Uhh- I- My parents took a wrong turn and they had to get a flight so they told me to walk...." I lied, "What about the bruises? Where did they come from?" Gabe asked looking as the marks on my faces, arms and legs, "I'm a clumsy person and I have cats so they scratch me a lot." "The one on your face, that's not a cat?" "Clumsy.... remember?" he just nodded in response, "Are you single?" he asked nervously, "Yes! Nobody has ever asked me out. What about you, what's your story?" I asked him closing my eyes still on his shoulder, wrapping an arm around my shoulder he put his head on mine, "I-- uh----" he began but was cut off by the police door opening.

JAY'S POV-

                        "Hello?" Alex yelled, "Officers?" Jade called in her british accent, called, "Shh! What if people are in here?" I whispered, "What do you mean, shh?" Alex whined, Zhen was at the front with the flashlight, whilst I was gripping Dariush's hand, "If I see a clown on a tricycle, I'm out." he whispered, "Yes, we should go back." I moaned, Zhen turned around, "No! We always move forward. Come on." "Huh? She is like a mini quote book?" I said to myself. "Okay, offices." Jade whispered, "What here is a waring." D dragged me over to a table my eyes widening when I read it, "Nuclear weapons authorized for Los Angeles Basin. Europe destroyed. Asia... decimated. Primary detective... locate alien power source. What?" I breathed out the last part, "Hello?" I heard Alex call, "Let's go D," pulling to Alex. "Hello?" Jade yelled, "Anybody?" she carried on, "This way," I whispered to Dariush, we heard a Alex and Jade gasp and I quickly picked up my pace, "Hey.. Oh hey. Don't be scared. Come one. Come on. Hey. What's are your names?" an unfamiliar voice said, "Alex..." "....Jade" they replied, "My name's Lou. See those keys right there? Can you get them for me?" "We were really close, Dariush walked up to Alex, "Alex, you're not gonna believe what I just saw man. It can't get any worse." where did that voice come from, it was oddly familiar too. I looked around and so did Dariush, "Oh, shit! What..." D pulled me behind him, "He wants us to let him go." Jade whispered, I don't think the guy had seen me yet but I looked over Dariushes shoulder and a sudden flashback of the night my parents were shot went through my head. 

BANG! "Mama! Papa!" a man with longish blonde hair and a beard looked at me, suddenly the police sirens went off and the man ran off.

It couldn't be.... shaking the thought from my head I stepped from behind my boyfriend and I took his hand. "What, you-- Oh no. No, that's not going to happen. Not today. Not at all." Dariush shook his head, "What's going on?" I made eye contact with me and an image of a man, the one who killed my mum and dad stood there, and it wasn't just any man it was this man... Lou. He must of recognised me too because he put a finger to his lips telling me to not say anything, Zhen came in. "Oh, what? They just evacuate and leave me in here? So whatever it is up there can kill me?" Yes. "They are aliens. And I suggest you keep your mouth closed when they get up in here, 'cause... When it..." Dariush stopped talking when Zhen asked, "What'd you do?" Looking at me he answered, "I was trying to help. Yeah, it got a little crazy out there." he lied, I gripped D's hand, "Hey, you stop staring at my girl and Alex, you can stay here and flirt with Buffalo Bill all day long. All right? But let's get rid of that astro - key so someone can stop this thing." I noticed Lou look at the key, "So that key's gonna stop this thing? Come on man?" "Dariush, it shouldn't be our job to decide who lives and who dies." "Ye Alex, Jay and Jade it's your decision now?" Dariush asked"How did you know her name?" "The police obviously put him in there for a reason. All right, and I say.. we respect their decision.. " Jade agreed with D, they all looked at me, "I-- uhh-- I guess Zhen is right.. no one deserves to be left in a cage" looking down as I answered, "What do you say Alex? You're the final vote. Okay look I got a boy at home. And if you leave me in here... i'm gonna die. No child deserves to lose their family..." he is a fucking liar.  He looked at me as tears brimmed my eyes, "Do you promise not to hurt us?" "Yeah, I promise not to hurt you man." walking back Alex picked up the keys, "alex" I whispered, "Wait until we leave. Then you can go." dropping the keys at his feet we walked of. Opening the police office door we left the building, I kept my head down as I picked up and got on my bike. We were off again and the killer of my parents is on the loose.