¬ 15

JADE'S POV-

                     When we were in the Sheriff Station I noticed that Jay was really uncomfortable talking to Lou, I was also really hoping there would be no Sheriff in there in case they may notice I am the missing Princess. We all were back on our bikes or boards or for me skates, "How is your watch still working after the pulse?" I asked him, "It's not electronic, it mechanical." Alex answered, "Yo, he's doing good, right?" Dariush asked Jay, "Yo. Watch out!" he also warned Alex when he wobble on his bike. "It was my dad's.... He, uhh..." "Gave it to you?" Zhen asked, "Yeah, he gave it to me." Alex said not making eye contact with us, "Yo! You got this Alex. You doing good man!" Jay congratulated him. All of us immediately stopping when 3 military trucks drove by, running after it and waiting in the middle of the road trying to catch it's attention. "Hey!" "Hey!" "Help!" "Stop!" we all stopped shouting when we heard, "Stay where you are. Do not move!" All of us putting our hands up and turning around dropping the helmets. "Same side. Same side. Same side!" Alex repeated, "Kids! Kids! You should've evacuated hours ago. We're at war." The soldier said to us, "Sir, we were in the mountains when the attacks started. Can you tell us what's going on? How big is the attack?" I asked in my nicest voice properly, "Is it not obvious to you Jade... look around!" Jackie pointed around, "Did it reach the nation's finest Mercedes dealership?" Dariush asked, "Dude, how can you..." Zhen started, "My dad owns it. I'm the future heir." he continued, "Shut up!" I yelled. "All I can tell you is you are not safe here. Everyone on the bus right now. It'll take you to the evacuation centre. Let's go!" the soldier instructed, "Whoa. Hey wait!" Alex called, "Let's go! Knock it off!" "Wait!" "Hey!" "Stop!" we yelled, "What?" he asked, "You need to take this key to Pasadena." Alex said, "Where did you get this?" "An astronaut from the space station gave it to us." I said, "She said we need to take it to JPL. What's on that key can stop the aliens." Gabriel explained, "You need to get that to JPL in Pasadena to a Dr. Fielding." Jackie repeated, "We've been receiving Morse code from a Dr. Fielding at JPL all day. Finding this key has been the primary objective. Thanks, kids. You may have just saved the world. We'll take it from here. Okay, we need to go. Move out. Now!" "Yeah!" "Yeah! We did it! Yo, we did-- Yo I am so happy I told y'all to go down the hill." As we got onto the bus another man high fived us, "Great job, guys, you did it." he said. "Yeah we did it now move your ass. Let's go!" D said, "YO!" Jackie sat with Gabriel and I went with Alex, Dariush and Jay together too. "We did it." Zhen yelled. "Look." Gabriel pointed out. "There they go." Jackie hollered. But our joy faded when a gunshots began and an explosion further forward happened, a military truck went in front of us for protection,  but that one get blown up and it landed on the bus squashing the driver. All the kids began to scream, "Oh my.... shit!" I screamed, te force made Jackie fall on the floor, "Jac are you okay?" Gabriel called out, pulling her up. "Which door is blocked?" Jay asked, "Let's go!" I screamed. I saw kids jumping out the back window, Gabriel tried to open the door, "Kick it!" Dariush shouted, it opened. "Go! Go, go, go!" Zhen yelled, jumping out rapid gunfire was heard, we went to run the other way but spaceships were coming, "Go the other way." sprinting the other way a soldier called out, "Watch out for the dogs!" "Come on!" Alex screamed as we saw a man get tackled by a dog. Running around the other side of the bus we spotted the soldier from earlier trapped under a vehicle,  "Oh shit... Oh no!" D yelled running over to help him. "What are you doing? You gotta get out of here. Stop, you gotta go. You have to go." the man said, "Zhen get the radio." I told her. "Come on, we can't leave you." Alex yelled at him, "Stop. Stop. It's okay. it's on you now. Okay? You have to let me go. Shh. Stop! Take this key. Here take it. Promise me. Promise me.... you will not let anything stop you. Okay?" he asked Alex who was refusing to leave, "We promise!" Alex yelled, "Guys we gotta move!" Jackie yelled, "GO!" Jay shouted. We ran down an ally away from the fighting. We had been running for a really long time, "If we die, I want to go to heaven!" Alex panted, "Alex, buddy we are already in hell." Jackie told him patting his shoulder. Dariush was panting really loud now, "Oh shit! I told you that was a stupid idea. You idiots not you Jay almost got me killed. I don't even wanna be at summer camp. I should be in Cabo with Jay taking jelly shots off her ass cheeks. Slow down. Slow down." he moaned, "What do you think these are after?" Zhen asked, "Food maybe? Resources? It's possible their planet went dry and then came to raid ours." I said, "What gives you that idea?" D pants, "Nothing! It's the most common invasion movie plot." "Maybe they are here to find mates. That would explain the erotic rendezvous with Dariush earlier." Jackie laughed, she turned to Gabriel, "Hey, whoa. No. We're not gonna do all that okay? That was strictly platonic. Let's just head north, okay? To the desert. Gat as far away from that thing as we can get, all right? As far away--" "gabe" I heard Jac whisper, "There is no away from those things." Zhen said, "She's right. The only way we are going to survive is if we get this key to Dr. Fielding. It's what that soldier was gonna do." Alex said, "He died." I looked over to Gabriel and Jackie, they were hugging, Gabriel had one arm loosely around her whilst she was hugging him really hard, Gabriel looked really sad. I walked next to Alex leaning against him as he spoke, my eyes were beginning to get heavy and so was my body, I was so tired. "Okay, look, if a bunch of badass marines can't get that key 40 feet away without getting deep fried, what makes you think that we can get it 40 miles?"  Dariush was making sense, but we couldn't give up, Alex breathed out, "We have to. It's on us." he said, "Okay. We're not going anywhere until we get some food." Jay started, holding Dariushes hand, "Maybe even some sleep if we can." I said.