Chapter 19: Don't you think so?

"BWAHAHAHAHAHA! What a shitty father you are!" Maximus said after Ame left with her maid Emilia. Nox only glared at Maximus, not knowing what to do, because he fucked up really bad this time. Like big time!

Carys, signaled the maids, butlers and guards to leave. They already know that this matter should not leave the manor's walls or else...

"It's my fault why your braty daughter cried, she was being a shit by asking Lucine if she could go with her to our kingdom. Is your daughter an idiot or is she just unmannered?

You know we won't welcome the cause of our princess's death, we already let it passed because she left a child, who is also YOURS You should put some sense into that small brain of hers, duke." Maximus is trying his best to control his anger and to not punch Nox in the face. His true self showed after Ame left.

His rude, mean and straight forward self that likes to curse a lot, that Maximus that never puts a break on his mouth, that Maximus who doesn't care what or how others will think about him. That is also a reason why he is named wrath.

"M-My daughter is not like that!" Carys said trying to protect her precious daughter.

"YOU SHUT UP WOMAN! Don't forget your place! Your nothing but a stupid tool, your job is to give birth and nothing else, useless bitch! Don't you dare talk back to me! GOT IT?!" Maximus doesn't even care if he hurt the fragile woman's feelings. That's what he hates the most, useless people who stick their nose to someone else's business.

"Ah! Y-You... Nox! He-" Carys was about to hide under her husband's wing but then she stopped when he saw Nox's dead gaze. Blank like a corpse's. She never saw her husband like this, actually she's too busy attending tea parties to even notice.

Nox is pale as a sheet of paper, his lips are dry and it also lost it's pinkish color, dark bags are under his eyes, he also lose so much weight.

'What happend?' She asked herself, she searched through her memory, wondering if she missed something. Then she remembered, Nox told her about a large sum of money the royal family lost, the king assigned this matter to him, it's been months yet they're still investing.

Nox told her that they can't find any evidence, there's no marks that are left by the culprit, but he said that he can feel that count Aranza is a part of this.

Therefore she didn't actually listened. She just hummed a response while he's talking about his problems, she's too busy finding a dress for a party.

Maximus was right, she's useless, it's her job to take care of her husband but... What have she done.

Carys bowed her head in shame. How could she complain? What Maximus said was true, the truth is she's just supposed to be a tool, but Nox is a great husband and a father, he respected her, gave her everything. She failed as a good mother and a wife.

Soon tears dropped. "Nox, I-I.."

"Arya."

The said girl flinched, his father may be doting but he's not stupid. She trembled, her father never talked to her this way, but for Ame he will? She felt angry.

'That bitch. That bitch Ame, she took everything from me. Why is she at the spotlight now? I'm supposed to be the one who's love, only me. I hate her. I wish she didn't just came here, I wish she just stayed and rot in that mansion, I wish she didn't live, I WISH SHE JUST DIED!'

She thought, blinded by her jealousy, even if she's really the bitch out here.

(A: Narrator! She's the heroine! (」゚ロ゚)」)

Who the fuck even cares?! Everyone hates her! You should just kill her then everyone would be happy! Right?!

(A: Hah... Just narrate already. (-_-;))

"Arya. Did I spoil you that much?" Nox looked at the litte girl that looks like her mother's copy.

"Do you want me to hate Ame? When I'm having a fight with her, you didn't even told me that I'm at the wrong. Making me think it is really her fault." He gently pulled the girl away from her mothe, making her stand in front of him. He kneeled in one knee, to see her face clearly.

"Did I not gave you everything you asked for? Why are you acting like that?... You know, when Ame moved in, I can feel that you're scared that my time for you will be gone. That's why I gave you all my time and attention, I even putted your sister aside, you became my priority. Yet you tricked me, I believed you. You know that I love you both, but I picked you."

Nox's stare is deep, as if he's looking for the daughter he once knew, because she changed. Or did she? Is she like this from the start? Nox is at lost, he knows that this is gonna be a bigger stress.

Don't forget that he also scared her.

Well he's still not done with that thief, but he does think that Ame leaving is the best for all of them, he'll fix this problem after.

"Carys, I don't want to see Arya attending dinner nor even going out of her room except if she have lessons to attend too. Not until Ame comes back home from her visit to Valencia. Tell this to everyone, I'll be counting on you."

In short she's gonna be grounded, for weeks, even months, mabye years too. Who knows mabye Ame won't go back anymore.

"F-FATHER! NO! PLEASE! HOW COULD YOU DO THIS?! DO YOU NOT LOVE ME ANYMORE?!" Tears fell from Arya's eyes. She feel wronged, she's not supposed to be grounded, the heroine is love by all. She doesn't deserve this!

"You did this to yourself Arya." Nox mercilessly called a few maids to drag Arya away, his chest hurts because of what he did, it was a hard choice, but Arya needs to learn her lesson.

Nox moved his attention to Maximus, he was standing awkwardly there the whole time."Maximus, I'll be leaving Ame in your care. Also... Forgive me."

Maximus was silently relieved that Nox is not a slave for her child. Well that kid is really a shit, he was wondering how she got that attitude when her parents are kind.

"Don't ask for mine, duke. Ask your daughter that. Have some time for yourself, you look terrible. HAHAHAHA!"

"Hah... I'll keep that in mind."

"Then I should go now, don't stress everything out, your daughter Ame is an open-minded person, she'll forgive you. Well she doesn't have a choice, because no matter what you're still her father."

"Thank you."

"Farewell, actually I might comeback in two days."

"Don't remind me."

I think everything ended well....

Don't you think so?

_______________________

Wow two chapters in one day! This is a miracle!

Anyway! Happy read!!!

Chapter 19, Complete!