Chapter 23: Siblings

Watching vampire diaries isn't the same without Lily. Half of the time I just listened to her go on about how hot the guys are even though she wasn't attracted to them.

I miss the times where we would stay in bed up all night watching it, junk food scattered all over the bed that she'd leave me to clean up in the morning. Most of the time it was her that ate 90% of the food.

We were still in England, and I was in the guest room where Jace had left me to go and see if he could find the others.

Being alone can sometimes be good for people, but for me, it's the opposite. All I can think about is the people I have lost, the terrible things that I have done recently.

Sometimes I don't even recognise myself anymore. I'm definitely not the same girl I was 2 years ago back in college.

There was a gentle knock on the bedroom door, I pressed pause on the remote and told them to come in.

Miles popped his head around the door, a smile on his face as he walked in and closed the door behind him.

There was a cut lay just underneath his eyebrow, his hair was wet probably from a shower he just had seen as he was just wearing his Joggers and no top.

"Hey Bambi"

I scooted across to one side so he could sit next to me, he lifted the quilt and got under.

"Bloody hell Miles you're freezing"

"Well it's lovely and warm in here, I think I might stay here all day. Maybe watch some vampire diaries with you and gush over all the hot guys" He spoke in a high pitched girly voice.

"Fine but don't touch me"

He glanced my way with a sly smirk, his eyebrow-raising before he tackled me into a hug, crushing me against him.

"Ouch you moron, let me go" I tried kicking him off but he clung to me like a koala.

His laughter bounced off the walls, his body vibrating against mine. Finally pulling away he gave me a wide smile then threw a piece of popcorn in his mouth.

We both turned towards the TV in comfortable silence, just watching Elena confess her love for Damon Salvatore.

I noticed Miles glance at me from the corner of my eye "you can talk to me yano, about absolutely anything" He paused as he shifted onto his side to look at me.

"You're my best friend Bambi, my baby sister"

He's right, whenever I had a problem I would always confide in him even if it was about boys. He's protective but only if he thinks I'm gonna end up hurt, just not in a controlling way. I usually went to Lily as well but she isn't here anymore and I don't think I'll ever get used to that.

I sighed lightly and turned to face him, his blue eyes searching my face as he waited for me to speak.

"I have a lot on my mind actually"

"Well, I have all the time in the world. Especially for you and well there's fuck all else to do" we both chuckled, I pulled the blanket up to tuck underneath my chin.

"I miss Lily, my god I miss her so much. I don't think that will ever go away"

"That's understandable, she wasn't just a best friend but a sister too. Even I miss her and she was such a weirdo" I lightly smacked his shoulder.

"even so she will always be in your heart, the memories will never go. Just hold onto them, she's probably looking up watching this shit show with you"