Chapter Eighteen

Althea's POV

Magnolia was the last person to come back.

Ivy had returned around ten the next day, and Valeria was back within two. Magnolia, however, didn't come back to the tournament for another full four days.

Certainly longer than any of us were expecting.

I felt as if a weight had been taken off my shoulders, finally being able to talk to Orion without the fear of being overheard, by anyone. I was an idiot, I know that. I shouldn't be fooling around with myself, and honestly, should have just taken my placed months ago.

But I couldn't.

It was like something inside of me was physically stopping me from doing that. I knew, that even if it wasn't going to be my end as I had planned, My time here at the Placing Tournament could be kept the same.

I was struggling with the idea of letting go, I didn't regret or want to take back what I had said to Orion, I just wasn't coping completely. I have had three months, and that should have been enough time for me to comprehend everything. But it wasn't, not at all.

When Magnolia had finally returned, it was an intense reunion, and it certainly didn't take us long to get seated in Ivy's room - two on her bed, one on her desk chair and another leaning against the side of the bed on the floor.

We had given her a few updates on up before she dived into her own stories, telling us all about how Gabe had reacted, and the performance and just... well, everything.

"Mae is a Prima Ballerina," She explained, "And she's worked her whole life for it. It was so great to finally get to watch her dance."

"My little sister has always wanted to get into dance," Ivy pondered, "Grace, she's not old enough to even think about her tournament, but she's always expressed interest in it. We've never been able to afford to get her lessons, of course,"

"The only dance I can do is when it comes to fighting," Valeria added, propping her legs up on the desk, "I don't even think I would be able to pull on a tutu, let alone those shoes! They look like little torture devices,"

"They weren't so bad, I guess," Magnolia hummed, "Can't remember honestly, I was so young when I quit."

"I have an idea," I started slowly, everyone's attention being drawn to me, "Let's go to a club."

Valeria's eyes bulged out of her head, "What?"

I sat up straighter, "A club, You know, for dancing?"

"Yeah, I know what a club is, I just can't believe that you're the one suggesting it," She said in bewilderment, "Thought you would still be studying if I'm being honest Thee, not that it's a bad thing of course."

I rolled my eyes, "Look, I want to have some fun, get my mind off things. And what better way to do that then to spend a night with my girls?"

I could see a light ignite behind Ivy's eyes, "Are you serious?"

I nodded, leaning my arms on the bed, "Yeah, I actually am. No boys, just the four off us, going out and having fun. Besides, we can do the fun things without it being illegal now."

The edge of Valeria's mouth raised mischievously, the gears in her mind already turning, "And there certainly aren't any rules holding us back. If all are willing, I would say definitely. Of course, I'm never one to turn down a party,"

"We've got a couple of nightclubs in Pax, but I know the perfect one to go to. Definitely dedicated for the younger ones, so there won't be any murder or mafia bosses," She said jokingly.