Chapter Forty One

I ran as fast as I could, fixing my hair and outfit to make it as battle appropriate as possible. As we had expected, they had arrived from the East. And as I had expected, a full-blown battle had begun, I shifted into my wolf, who was baring her teeth in readiness to begin. 

I wasted no time.

Eight months ago, I doubt I could even think about injuring someone, let alone killing them. But now, Orion's words swirled in my head, They stopped being innocent the moment that they got involved. I didn't even feel guilty as I ripped my teeth into the first rogue I encountered. I found some peace in the knowledge that it wasn't a child, a fully grown wolf who would have made the decision to come and fight without the influence of any others.

I could easily see that they were outnumbered, being flanked almost immediately. I battled almost completely alone, holding my own as I attacked the rogues, distinct from their matted fur and gruelling faces. It seemed that I had underestimated my own fighting ability, easily being able to disarm my opponent and leave them openly bleeding on the ground as I defended the pack.

I saw a small wolf, most likely a younger teen that was desperate to join in. From the side, a rogue began barreling towards them. I spared a glance, quickly realising that the wolf had no idea, leaving their side completely blind. 

I finished off the rogue I was with before running towards them. The rogue pounced in attack, but instead of crash landing on the wolf and easily killing them with one swift motion, the rogue met me instead. I leapt off my back paws, meeting him in the air as I opened my mouth into his side, tackling him to the floor and finishing him as quickly as possible. He was left completely unable to do anything. I looked at the now shaking wolf that I had just saved and cocked my head back in the direction of the safe buildings. They understood what I was saying immediately, running back off into the buildings. I spared a moment to ensure that they got back in without any issues or attacks before turning back around and diving back into the fight without another second of hesitation.

I could see the fight slowly coming to an end. The warriors that we were fighting against, they didn't seem all too capable, nor strong enough to hold up a proper fight. Out of all those who I could see that were injured or the very few that had died, it was obvious that their side filled up more of the casualties than ours.

I had expected this fight to last a lot longer than it had, only properly fighting for maybe half an hour before a wolf came forward.

It was large, with beady yellow eyes and a tail stuck in between its legs. Almost on motion, every singly rogue in the vicinity dropped to the floor, holding their heads against the floor as their eyes followed who I assumed was their leader.

Was this it? Was it all over?

Orion stepped forward, blood clumping the fur around his mouth and shifted. He wiped the red liquid from his mouth, his eyes feral and skin taught. His hand grabbed onto the wolf's neck and forced him to the floor.

"Shift," He growled, causing an eery silence to fall over the battlefield. I shifted too, walking forward and taking my place at Orion's side, placing the same look of control and intimidation that Orion was currently sporting.

The wolf hesitated for a moment,

"I said, shift," Orion repeated, this time baring his teeth and forcing on the Alpha command.

The wolf put on the slightest fight before falling into the command.

My mouth gaped open as I saw who it was, biting back a gasp of surprise.

Samael Graves.

"Please," He choked, "You have to help me, help us,"

Orion's fist tightened around his neck. Gabriel, who had walked up to us, equally covered in blood took a stance.