Chapter Twenty Eight

The moment that we crossed over the border to Vindex, I felt it. A long shiver ran up my spine, my head leaning back slightly as the feeling of power overwhelmed me. I felt my nails dig into the car seats, the feeling of return electrifying every nerve.

I leaned out, the surroundings were completely beautiful. Tall, dark green trees that seemed to lock me into them, surrounded by piles of rocks and trickles of water running through the floor. Getting through the forest seemed to be half of the drive, but probably the most gorgeous. Every second seemed to be different, a new view in every which way that I looked. 

It was stunning.

The car stopped only at the very edge of the forest, a figure leaning against the tree. I felt a flare in my chest, recognising him immediately.

Orion.

Three days had felt like an eternity, and I missed him. I had missed him a lot. The bond had been accepted and acknowledged, along with the fact that I was moving to live with him permanently.

If you had told me six months ago what this man would do to my heart, I would say that you're delusional and need to be checked. Now? I could almost guarantee that my whole face would change to a dark shade of red while a long string of spluttering erupted from my mouth.

Embarrassing but true.

I swung open the door, pummeling myself forward. Orion moved off the tree slightly as he saw me running. I practically jumped on him, wrapping my legs around his hips as I pressed my head into his neck.

"Missed me?" He breathed, circling his arms around me just as tight as mine were.

I sighed contentedly, "Very much so,"

His scent overwhelmed me, wrapping me in comfort as my entire body sagged into his arms. I could have stayed like that for eternity.

"Have you got a bag?" He asked quietly, starting to set me down.

While I let my legs slip, my arms stayed wrapped around him, "Yeah, just a small one. Everything else is in the boxes, the bag has got a few sets of clothes and some essential items."

Orion pulled away, "I'm gonna go grab it,"

The driver had already pulled my bag out of the trunk, so Orion stepped away from my grip and grabbed my bag, holding it in his hand. He then walked back, snaked his arm around my waist and then the two of us began to walk.

"I really missed you," I said again, leaning my head lightly against his shoulder.

I saw his lips tug upwards, "I missed you too, very very much."

I looked down, "Who have you told?"

We breached the forest, Orion's voice filling my ears. "I told my parents, who made a public announcement about me finding my mate, though no names were revealed. My sisters, and my parents as well actually, are ecstatic to meet you. I told the others as well..."

I cringed, "How did they react?"

He ran his thumb along my skin, "Don't worry, they weren't really too surprised. Very happy of course, but slightly annoyed that they didn't get to know. But any of that annoyance was gone within an hour, so I wouldn't worry about it at all."

I smiled, "So where are we heading from here?"

Orion looked up at the sky, "We're going home, to my house. No one's home, so don't worry about that. We don't have time for a proper tour, so it's easier just to go home, that way I can go over the house with you. My parents and sisters are out at the shops getting some things for dinner. But the only people you're going to be seeing today are my family. I don't want to overwhelm you with too much."