Chapter Thirty Two

The number of people in the arena had almost tripled within two minutes.

I was standing up against the wall with Val, Lia and Ivy. The anxiousness was thick in the air, the whisper of doubt running through my ears. Orion technically wasn't the Alpha yet, the ceremony having been put back. That meant that Orion hadn't come into the power that his position held. 

Meaning that it would be much easier for Marc to beat him.

I believed in him, not a single trace of doubt in my mind. But it was obvious that some people didn't.

"How are you guys feeling?" I asked, "About all of this?"

Val placed her hand to her cheek, "I honestly just can't believe how this is happening. Honest to the goddess, I have never even heard of Marc before, let alone see him fight. Though I'm not a hundred per cent sure about whether or not that's a good thing."

Lia nodded, "I agree. It's difficult not knowing where he stands in terms of ability. Though I'm confident that Orion has got this in the bag,"

"Same," Ivy agreed. "You can feel the tension in the room, but I'm sure- and we're all sure that he's got this. I'm just hoping that they have medics available and ready because I don't want to have to watch the loser bleed out on the floor."

My heart began to race, "I personally don't think that Marc can beat him, but you never know. I can see Orion from here and you can tell just how nervous he is. I'm looking at Marc and don't even see an inch of anxiousness."

"Exactly, and I think that's where I start to become concerned. But as long as we stay Faithfull, there should be no problems at all," Val added.

"I sure hope so," I mumbled.

Orion was standing about ten metres away, His parents speaking in ushered tones to him. I could see just how angry they were, Orion biting back when they made an obvious hurtful comment.

Gabe, Julian and Colton were standing behind him, their posture perfectly straight as they stood behind Orion in support. It was a scary sight, and so, so real.

My eyes slid over to Marc, the cocky arrogance that I had looked up to when I was younger had once again taken over him. He stood alone but didn't look the slightest bit worried. His posture was cool, leaning himself against the wall with a water bottle in his hand. He smirked when he noticed my gaze. I kept staring at him, no, glaring. He faltered for a second before turning away.

People continue to file in, filling up the arena until I could barely even see Orion. The one thing I could definitely see was the arena. The main arena was raised, being visible from any point in the entire training facility. People were already surrounding it, trying to get as close to the front as possible.

Everyone wanted the best view. 

I couldn't blame them.

The other girls started to move, trying to get closer to the stage. I didn't want to move, I couldn't move, feeling as if my feet were stuck to the floor. I connected the palm of my hands with the wall, steadying myself as everything began to move into motion.

Someone walked on the stage, probably an umpire to watch the match. He held a whistle in his hand and wore a bright, white and black striped shirt.

We were starting to inch closer to starting. And with each second that passed, I seemed to get more and more nervous.

I couldn't see myself moving from this position, nor being able to get any closer without losing an eye, so I stayed firm against the wall.

I noticed Orion walking over to me, so I took a step forward and met him halfway.