Chapter Twenty Four

Thankfully, it didn't take too much for Orion to realise just how badly he had messed up. For some reason, Our dorm had become a common room, holding all eight of us ninety per cent of the time. And every single time I walked in, they were always there, not just Lia, Val and Ivy. All of them.

All. The. Time.

For the most part, I didn't mind. I liked the boys, I considered them my friends, which was definitely strange since I had never had male friends before. We were close to an extent, but it didn't mean that our room became theirs, constantly. 

But apparently it did.

Maybe I missed the meeting discussing that. But I knew our room was used as a central room mainly because it was one less level than the boys' room was.

I had stormed into the room, a scowl set into my face as I tried to hold back the monsoonal amount of tears that wanted to come out. I was sick of crying. All I ever did was cry. Sad about Orion? Cry. Mad at Orion? Cry. Have a hard lesson? Cry. Change classes, even though I could be moving up? Cry. And here I was, running back to my bedroom after class, about to cry.

I was completely, torturously useless.

The moment that I saw them all there, sitting on the couch, I almost screamed, tempted to rip out every single strand of hair in my head. Of course, they were here, the one day that I could have used an empty space, a day above all others, they were sitting in the lounge room, the cupboard doors swinging open to show the half-empty chip bags practically hanging out.

I struck out my hand, pointing my finger,

"You should have just left it alone Orion!" I screamed, before pulling open my door and throwing myself in. I dropped my bag to the floor and collapsed onto the bed, burrowing my face down into the pillows.

Was I overreacting? Maybe... probably.

But I didn't care, I was so mad that if Orion got butthurt, it wasn't my problem. 

I seriously didn't think that the tournament was supposed to be like this. Of course, being mated to an Alpha had thrown a wrench in my plans, but still. I had pictured myself studying while my roommates partied without a care, not running around Pax with a secret relationship and newly healed hands along with a constant headache and wet cheeks.

I heard the door creak open, a groan escaping my mouth.

"Orion, get out! I'm sick of you at the moment," I said into my pillow, hoping he would just get the message and leave.

"It's not Orion, It's me," A soft voice called out, Lia.

I pulled myself up, holding my body up on my forearms. I twisted my head back,

"What?"

"You came storming in with a flurry, I wanted to make sure you were alright? Plus, I look the calmest today, so I thought I could help calm you down," She said, peeking her head around the wooden door.

"Well, I'll let you know, I am not alright. I'm pretty pissed actually,"

"Yeah, I figured that," Lia sighed and walked up to me, sitting down on the bed right next to me, "Tell me what's wrong,"

I took a breath, "I'm going to fail,"

"Althea, you're not going to fail! We don't even know your scores and I'm still convinced you did amazing, so I doubt anything will be different this time!" Lia placed her hand on my arm sympathetically. "Plus that's what you always say, excuse me if I have trouble believing you rigt now,"

"No, it's different this time, Dr Stole had a lovely chat with me about how any mistake that I make over the course of my exams, even just one mistake, can be penalised to the point of me failing!" I told her, keeping my face hidden.