Chapter Thirty One

"Marceau Couture, you slimy bastard!" I shrieked, running towards him limpidly.

He laughed, picking me up and twirling me around, "Althea Lavois, I should have known the trouble I'd run into would be you!"

I wrapped my arms around him tightly, "Please don't tell me you saw me fight!"

He paused as if he was thinking, "I'm pretty sure I did, I've always said that your talents always lied in fighting. Didn't I tell you that refusing to come and train with me would come back and bite you in the butt?"

"Years of escaped exercise or one embarrassing fight?" I pondered, "Nope, I think I made the right decision blowing you off,"

With a blinding grin, Marceau placed me down. His face fell slightly as he noticed the others who were now standing directly behind me.

He sobered up, "Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta." He bowed slightly out of respect.

I slid back beside Orion, now feeling the awkward tension.

I coughed, "This is Marceau Couture. We grew up together in Aliment."

Marc nodded, "I was thirteen when she left. We were neighbours, however, so we grew up quite close."

I looked up at Orion. His jaw was clenched and his eyes seemed to be sending daggers. While Marc certainly wasn't short, Orion seemed to tower over him. Though I could see that Marc wasn't letting it affect him.

"I'm sorry, I'm afraid I'm not too familiar with you Marc, what's your position?" Orion asked harshly.

"A warrior, Alpha. I've been in the pack for three years, I moved over after my Placing Tournament in Aliment. After revising my results, it was advised for me to come here to better my own personal skills."

Orion stared at him, "Well, I'll look forward to seeing exactly how... extensive, your skills are. I do apologise, but I need to take my mate home."

I looked at Orion, his eyes flashing from the usual dark eyes flashing to gold. I grabbed Orion's arm and pulled it over my shoulders, holding his hand as it rested ontop of my collarbone.

"Marc I'll see you later," I said honestly, "I really do need to go home, I certainly received my beating today."

Marc's gaze moved from Orion to me. He raised an eyebrow, "Alright. We should organise something, go for coffee or something to talk."

I nodded, "That sounds great, we should definitely organise that."

He gave me a small smile, a nod of respect to the others before walking off, my eyes trailing him before snapping back forward.

"What's wrong with you?" I whispered to Orion.

He narrowed his eyes, "Nothing. Nothing is wrong, let's just get you back home, I don't want you pulling any stitches or anything."

It was blindingly obvious, wolfish jealousy. I held back a snort, passing a knowing look over to the other girls as we walked, Orion still fuming at my side.

I mean, what was I suppose to expect? Over six months of knowing each other and marking hadn't even been discussed. It was no surprise that seeing me with even just an old friend sent him into a maddening spiral. 

As Orion's house came into view, I bid the others goodbye and sped up, trying to get inside as quickly as possible. Orion unlocked the door and pushed it open, walking into the empty hallway. If anyone else was home, they had to be locked up in their bedrooms. Gripping onto both Orion's steady arm and the wall, I pulled myself up the stairs. His bedroom door was already open so I filed in, collapsing down on his bed.