Chapter Thirty Five

Whatever Gabriel had ended up doing to that girl, I wasn't interested in knowing. 

I never found out.

All I knew is that she had been kept alive, most likely rotting in the furthest corner of her cell with open injuries and blood stained hands. 

Or maybe not. Maybe she was lying with her back on the floor, giggling and laughing to herself about the oncoming future.

It was easy enough to figure out that they were planning something; an attack, a revolution, exactly what was in mind was unclear. Either way, it had me wondering and Orion frazzled.

The moment we had stepped back into the house, Orion had dashed into his office, myself following impatiently. I sat down at his desk while Orion just leaned against it, picking up the phone and pressing the number pad, preparing a phone call.

I leaned against the seat, tipping my head back and letting my hair flow across the back of the chair. I tapped my fingers against the bar, listening as Orion spoke on the phone.

Someone on the other line picked up,

"Good Afternoon Samael, its Orion Westbrooke. I was just wondering, I need to schedule a meeting with all of the Alphas, when would it be best to come down?... Yes, no it is dire. I wouldn't want to wait too long."

He paused, Alpha Graves speaking for at least a minute.

"Alright, yes that works perfectly. Please get in contact with the other Alphas and make sure they know just how urgent it is. Yes- I'll see you in a week, thank you." He practically slammed the phone down, letting out a long sigh.

"Goddess he's dumb," Orion swore.

My eyes bulged, 'What on earth do you mean? You can't speak ill of other Alphas Orion, come on."

"Althea my love, you can say anything you want about other Alphas, especially one as stupid and clueless as Samael Graves." Orion said, "Trust me, it's different when you're from a high family. It's just something you get used to. Rank has nothing to do with it since we're the same position, it just has do to with how much the person deserves it. And believe me when I say that he certainly isn't the smartest."

I furrowed my brow, "Still,"

"He was just going on about how we should wait at least another three months to properly flesh out the situation and then have it analysed. I would see where he's coming from if the roles had been reversed and my pack hadn't been attacked even once. He's convinced these attacks have something to do with location, but all the packs except Pax have been receiving frequent attacks from the rogues."

I let his words mull over in my head, "No, That doesn't seem to be right. Perhaps he isn't very intelligent Orion, but I genuinely believe that he is smart."

Orion ran a hand over his forehead, "Maybe you're right. Goddess, I'm too young for this. I'd much rather wait a few more years before becoming Alpha,"

I snorted, "Tell me about it. I certainly would like to put that Luna position on hold."

Orion grabbed another chair and sat down, facing me.

"We have to talk about that actually." He started, "Look, we had already been delyaing the whole ceremony, and I think we could have pushed it for another month and a half, but since you've marked me, I'm afraid we don't have long at all."

I placed my chin my my hand, "How long do we have?"

"Well this meeting is in a week, I would say before than. Arriving fully mated and properly in our positions, especially you, will make this whole ordeal a lot easier." Orion sighed.