Chapter Twenty Six

It felt surreal.

The night before results.

The past six months hand been exhausting, but also probably the best six months of my life. 

We had retired to be early, the tension between us all sitting low and thick. While they may have suspicions about Orion and I, they had nothing to prove it.  So everyone has been expecting for me to leave almost the moment after the presentations end. They would head to Vindex, and I would head to Sanitatem. 

But I would be going to Vindex too.

Orion and I had a discussion.

While I was still annoyed, I had decided to begrudgingly get over it.

We would keep it quiet, the others would keep their regular schedule, heading to Vindex with their luggage arriving the very next day. I would head home to Silva, alone, break the news to my parents and pack my things. Then I would arrive after two or three days. Orion would do all the organising on his part at Vindex. He would tell the others, tell his parents and then break the news to his parents. I had told him to wait, at least take away some of the pressure. I didn't even want to think about telling the others, but I'm sure Orion wasn't either, so I wanted to at least take away some of the pressure. He could go ahead and do the announcement to his pack alone, but at least do it with his parents and the others.

Orion told me I would be stressed enough, and that he was perfectly able to do it all himself.

I hadn't felt like arguing and reluctantly agreed. 

When I arrived at Vindex, I didn't know the process, but I would be staying with Orion and his family. Orion had plans to move into his own house, bringing me with him, but we had both agreed that it would probably be way too much, way too early.

I had been freaking out. I didn't know what the others reaction would be, but I wasn't completely looking forward to facing them afterwards. 

In fact, I wasn't sure if there was anything I wasn't nervous about.

My parents, My pack, my closest friends, Orion's family, and his entire pack knowing about me. one after the other, it was a recipe for a heart attack.

I would have thought that I would have been consumed with the thought of my scores, completely losing it about whether or not I would pass or fail.

I felt nothing, the sick feeling in my stomach stemming from what would come after.

That was certainly a surprise to me.

Presentations started at 10 am tomorrow morning, so getting ready would be easy. No parents, no one other than the teachers and the students. 

Parents would be alerted if their child had failed.

I felt better, knowing that I would get brownie points for coming first so many times during challenges and pracs. Hopefully, if I was failing, those extra points would pull me across the borderline.

But I wasn't concerned. For some crazy, wild reason, I wasn't concerned.

While staring at the ceiling, I let myself fall asleep.

The calm before the storm, the night before results.

Sleep came easier than I had imagined.

------------------------------------

I woke up to rapping on my door, 

"You gotta wake up Allie, Lia's got toast cooking and we're not heading down to breakfast so we can spend the morning getting ready," Ivy shouted through the door.