Hades

There doesn't seem to be any word to describe how I feel at this moment.

Wines are being passed around, food is shared, laughter can be heard from miles away, and music is playing softly amongst all the chaos. 

It's well past midnight. The celebration has been lasting for hours on end. 

Olympians are dancing, laughing, gossiping, and eating. Persephone and I were also partaking in such activities, but now we're sitting at a table, hands holding the other's, peacefully watching our guests having a grand time.

I'd be lying, though, if I didn't say that I wish the guests would begin to leave...

I inhale and exhale deeply, and Persephone must notice my growing angst. 

Gods, is she gorgeous. Her new haircut truly suits her and makes her seem more grown-up. The way the dress looks on her makes my mind blank. Forget Aphrodite, Hera, and Athena: Persephone is easily the most beautiful goddess.

"It's quite late," Persephone murmurs so that only I can hear. "How long do these celebrations normally last?"

I chuckle. "Too long for my liking. Are you tired?"

Persephone seems to stifle a yawn. "No."

I nudge her with my shoulder as a grin crawls onto my face. "Liar."

She shrugs sheepishly. "I'm going to speak with some of the guests, all right?" With that, she stands from her chair and makes her way to the dance floor, where a group of goddesses is chatting amongst themselves.

I sigh and quietly excuse myself from the ballroom. The hallways of the castle are empty because everyone is celebrating the wedding in the ballroom. I just want to be alone with my wife; I want everyone else to leave.

I fully intend on returning to the celebration, but I need a moment to myself. I make my way up to my bedroom. The bed is perfectly made with a mountain of pillows and the softest bed sheets imaginable. I sit at the end of the bed, feet dangling over the side. My sandals graze the floor.

My heart has been pounding all night for reasons I can't explain. I feel an overwhelming urge to hold Persephone close to me with no distractions. The thought has been eating at me all night. I just want to show her how much I love her.

The door suddenly opens and my eyes widen when I realize Persephone has found me in here. "There you are." She smiles and quietly steps into the room, shutting the door behind her. She then leans her back against the closed door. Every nerve in my body is alive and active. My heart is thumping wildly in my chest. "You know, it's rude to leave the bride alone with the guests."

I release the breath I was holding. "My apologies. Are the guests still down there?"

Persephone sits next to me on the bed and our shoulders are touching, fueling my burning need for her. "I got rid of them."

"You killed them?" I ask in disbelief, stomach dropping to the floor.

She gapes at me. "What makes you think I killed them? I simply escorted them out of the castle!"

"You never fail to shock me." I turn my head so I can fully take in the sight of her. "Why did you end the party?"

A playful smirk grows on her face. "Do I need a reason?"

Her addictive lavender aroma fills my nose and I immediately feel my fingers tingling, my blood rushing, my head spinning. I push myself to stand from the bed and then I take a calming breath. I turn back to Persephone, still sitting on the edge of the bed, staring at me expectantly.