You Call Him Gustavo, I Call Him Dad [15]

.:Meet The Torch's:.

Next Day

Gustavo's Mansion

Julie's Pov

"Okay Jewls even more news, your going to school." My Dad declared. I stood still, pondering the new news. My nostrils flared and I could feel my hands twitch at my side. I felt like I sucked on a lemon. I felt sour. My Dad started to back away, knowing what was coming next. Let's just say it involves bruised nuts.

1 Hour Later

All the nuts were gone. I threw them everywhere. The house was a mess of peanuts. All kinds. Cashews, almonds, and walnuts. Scattered on the polished marble floor. I giggled and ate another almond off the ground from my post on the stairway. When I say bruised nuts, I mean it. Feathers were still floating around the room like snowflakes. I felt at least four get tangled in my hair. Like it wasn't already messed up. Where was my Dad? This war has been going on for the past hour and I was ready to leave. Now!

After another two minutes I got frustrated and stood up. "Okay Dad, you win.." I stepped over piles of empty peanut cans. My Dad's favorite food ever and the only thing he has in his house I mean, mansion! I purposely wet my socks in a giant puddle. "Daaad come out to plaaay!" I teased. "Ok then," Said someone in the distance. "Let's play!" I whipped turned toward the voice but before I could see who it was I was suddenly blasted back and front, side to side with cold water. "AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!" I screamed in protest.

I could feel the goosebumps pop up and my hair stand up. A bunch of laughter was heard over the water. I felt myself lose my balance and I fell to the cold hard ground. The water immediately stopped. I just left my face stay on the rug too embarrassed to look and see the boys. Four pairs of feet stopped beside me. "Is she dead?" Asked one voice. "Shh, don't say that!" Snapped a girl's voice. Three snickers. "Um, you okay?" Someone asked then kicked my foot. I gasped and let my eyes pop open. "She alive!" Exclaimed a guy's voice. "Haha, barely..." Said the last voice. "Hey! You okay down there?" Asked the girl's voice. I slowly pulled myself up and squeezed my eyes shut to get the water out my eye.

I opened my eyes to see four pairs of eyes staring back. All brown eyes. "Whaa...?" I said. "Does she have amnesia?!" Shout-asked the youngest one. Maybe 12? "Who...?" I managed. "I'm Kristen but I'm known as Kristy by my friends," Said an African American girl. She held out her hands for a shake. I stook out my hand and lazily gave her a slap before walking over to the now over-soaked couch. I didn't mine since I was already wet. "What friends?" Joked the other boys. There were three boys and one girl.

A cool shiver ran up my body and I started to shake. My teeth chattered to the beat of my heart. Fast. They all came around the couch and watched me freeze half to death. "Wha-what was th-th-that for?" I asked. "A prank! Chris thought of it." Said the 12 years old who looked at his brother with nothing but admiration in his eyes. I turned towards the boy he was talking about. Chris turned away and put this gigantic water gun on he ground. Was that there before? "I'll get her a blanket," Said the (middle?) child who stood next to Chris. "Okay time for introductions!" Kristen said after I was wrapped up in a wool blanket.

"I'm Kristen," She put a hand on her chest. "I am the oldest out of all these people," She said referring to the boys. "I'm 19." She finished. "Alright I'm Chris and I'm 17." Chris said with swag. "I'm Christian, I'm 13!" The boy who got me the blanket stayed quiet and looked at the peanuts scattered across the floor. Kristen elbowed him in the ribs. "Jordan, 15" He mumbled just below a whisper. "He's shy." Kristen whispered to me. "Am not!" He protested.

"To."

"Not!"

"To!"

"Am. Not!"

"Are To!"

"Okay! I'll settle this.....it's true," Chris said. "Ha!" Kristen stuck out her tongue childishly. I giggled. "What?!" Jordan snapped. He then immediately looked down. The rest leaned in, waiting for my answer. "You guys are funny." I said simply. They all leaned out and burst out laughing. Now I'm completely frazzled. "Why are you here?" I yelled over the laughter. They immediately stopped laughing. They all became serious. "The better question is why are you here?" Kristen snapped. The boy's faces held the same serious expression, too. "I live here now!" I snapped back. "Well we live her too!" Christian chirped. "Shut it." Chris said without taking his eyes off of me. Like a hungry kitten.

"I'm Gustavo's daughter." I said. "We're Kelly's kids." Kristen raised an eyebrow. "All of you?" I choked out. "Mhm." Chris said. "For a someone so young I thought she would have 5 years old or no kids at all." I said. "Well ya thought wrong!" Chris practically spat in my face. I blinked. Jordan secretly sneaked out the room. Christian turned away and stuck his finger up his nose then wiped it on his shirt then turned back around. Green snot glistened on his blue shirt. "Okayy it's nice getting to know you all but I need to take a shower," I turned away from his shirt. I stood up ready to run for it. "Not before a hug!" Christian held out his arms.

I gave him a quick hug steering clear of the snot then, ran out the room. Where is Dad?

-------

"Okay thee house is cleen for you too relaxxx!" Esta the house cleaner said in a fake Russian accent. "Thanks dude." Chris gave her a slap on the back. Christian burst out laughing. "Ya thanks dude!" He mimicked Chris's gesture. "How much do we owe you?" Kristen asked while pulling out a crumpled twenty. I giggled nervously as Esta stared at the money like it was an alien. "I do nawt except thee moneey!" She shrilled with wide eyes before packing up her stuff. "Um...ok." She stuffed it back into her jean pocket. I rocked on my heels as Esta marched out the door. There was a loud slam and she was gone.

"Why is she so uptight?" Chris wondered out loud. I shrugged and sat on the now warm couch. "Where is mom? I need to show her my room!" Christian whined. Kristan sat back on the couch too. Christian followed. Then Chris. Jordan sat on the edge of his seat and let his ears touch his shoulders. I stared at him. How could such a good athlete have such bad posture?"Straighten yo back!" Chris slapped his spine that stuck out. I cringed out of my seat. Did that hurt?

"I can't believe they went on a pre-honeymoon." I grunted as I picked up a weightlifter. "Who?" Christian asked. "Our parents!" Kristen said like everyone should've known that. Christian shrugged. "Makes sense," Chris said. "Huh?" Jordan spoke up. "They put us in a trap of getting to know each other by leaving and not have to worry about us. But I wanna meet my new Daddy." He made air quote fingers when he said 'Daddy'.

"Your in for a scare." I mumbled. "What?" Chris asked. "Nothin, I'm going to get some fresh air." I said before walking out the door not bothering for a reply. The wind was blowing my hair all around. I lassoed my hair into a ponytail. The end of my curls still whipped me right in the face. But I walked on as fast as my silver flats could carry me. I tied my tie front cardigan even tighter around my body. I walked on aimlessly in no particular direction. "Yo Julie! Is that you?" Exclaimed a male's voice. I turned around but no one was there. "Who you looking for?" I immediately jumped back and turned around and put a hand on my rapidly beating heart. "You scared me." I explained to Jacob. He chuckled. "I get that alot." He replied. "Ehmagawd me too!" I said. But it didn't sound like me. Like I was watching myself speak. I felt my face grow hot. "Ehmagawd real-ly?!" He did his best impression of me. It was actually really good. Not knowing what to do next, I burst out laughing. After a minute he did too. Not the nervous giggle but the, back aching, tears rolling down your face, throwing your head back, and slapping your knee kinda laugh.

I gasped for air after a while from laughing so hard. Jacob was clutching his stomach and leaning over like he was going to puke. I immediately stopped laughing and was by his side in a minute. "What's going on?" I asked nervously. He did his puking business then stood up. "Ca-call 911!" He managed before he completely fell to the ground.