Flashback

"I am going to do it!" Lucas, Selena's brother, said holding a gun against her head.

"No please! I am leaving! I am gone! Just let her go! You know you don't want to do it." I pleaded with my hands in the air moving with the most caution possible.

"Too late." He smirked devilishly as he pulled back the trigger. I panicked as I heard the pop of the gun.

"No!" I screamed in despair running to Selena's aid as she fell to the floor. I quickly searched her for the bullet wound and found it in her forearm. She would survive and I thanked God he missed, but Selena was still curled up in a ball in my arms. She had to leave who knows what Lucas would do next.

"Selena get out of here now!" I yelled out of fear but my intention were trying to get her to safety.

She looked at me with lifeless, shallow eyes then shakily stood up and stormed out of the warehouse grasping her punctured arm.

"Bravo, you saved your damsel in distress. But too bad her knight in shining armor has to die. I warned you about my sister my sister! And you failed." He said slowly clapping his chapped hands. My god he was insane. I don't even know how he got released out of the asylum.

"Kill me I don't care! But don't hurt your sister! Please, I am begging you." I said, if Selena got hurt I wouldn't know what to do with myself. I love her too much. I almost just lost her so I was physically trembling. No, I wasn't scared of Lucas. I was scared of losing Selena, a soft, caring, beautiful, sensitive, shy, kind hearted girl.

"Well I can't have any witnesses, she knows too much. Besides she has been a bad girl." He said drawing his gun out again.

My heart began to race I had to do something.

I slid down and kicked his legs so Lucas collapsed and the gun flew across the cold floor. I raced to grab it then Lucas was on top of me, we were wrestling the gun. He pointed it under my chin and I used all of my forced to inch it away. In the process both of our hands were on the trigger. Lucas was holding it tightly, I realized if he pulled the trigger he would die. I quickly released my hands only too try to smack the gun out of both of our hands.

Worst mistake of my life.

Lucas laid on the ground with the gun on the hands, now by himself. He pointed the gun to his head.

"Lucas what are you doing man! Stop! We can fix this!" I said while my heart was racing I felt a knot in my stomach.

"Too late." He said with a smile. The gun went off and Lucas shot himself.

"No!" I said running over to Lucas. I knelt down next to his body and grabbed his wrist to check his pulse and I felt nothing. He was cold. We all knew Lucas was crazy, but he was Selena's family. They loved each other.

"This is the police!" I heard cops yell from outside. Selena must have called them. Thank goodness, maybe they can help Lucas. Maybe it's not too late for him. Selena can't know he died. I can't be the one to tell her. She couldn't handle it.

They rushed in with their guns drawn. I began getting really nervous and looked and Lucas' dead body again. What if they think I killed him?

As the police walked in Selena stood behind them and I looked at her to see if she was okay. I had my hands over my head and Selena looked at Lucas on the ground with her mouth open and tears welled up in her eyes. She caught my glance and returned it like she was looking at a monster. She didn't come near me. She didn't rush over to Lucas either. Maybe she thought all men were monsters? We are aren't we? Killing, fighting, yelling. The world is a monster.

She probably thinks I killed him.

Selena walked over to me while the cops were examining the dead body.

"He promised me, he would never do it, ever. He wouldn't have broken his promise would he?" Selena said with her tears streaming down her cheeks. I tried to hug her but she flinched and backed away.

"I never thought this would ever happen." She looked at me, like she was scared of me. At least I didn't threaten to kill her like her own brother.

"You! Boy!" The cops said surrounding me.

"I did it! Okay!! I killed him!" I screamed on my knees. To this day I don't know why I said it. I felt like I needed to. It was either lose me or lose her brother. I know that makes no sense but when they were younger Selena was very worried about him and made him promise to her everyday he would never create suicide after he tried to a while ago. Since then Selena has always had anxiety over Lucas and the last way she wanted to lose him was to suicide. That would have been the worst possible outcome ever, it would've made their relationship nothing, there trust nothing. Even though he threatened to kill her we both new he would never mean it, deep down we both new. I had to say I killed him, in a twisted way it would save Selena.

The cops jumped on me and wrapped me in handcuffs. My face was pinned to the ground as they searched my pockets.

The last thing I remember is Selena's heart wrenching scream with rivers flooding her eyes after I said what I said.

That was the last time I ever saw her in 6 years.

Authors note: for some reason I can't put this italics can anyone tell me why??? And I can't bold it either is it just the update or something?