Eight

"It's cold."

I rubbed my hands to get some warmth. I was the last member to leave the location as I was meeting Chanyeol in the 'Aroma'. I climbed in the car, but then I noticed people screaming my name outside the venue. Surprisingly, my fans were waiting for me to arrive, and I climbed down the car to get near the crowd. My manager handed me my jacket, and I covered myself before bowing to them deeply.

"I love you guys. Please take care of yourself. It's cold here." I gave them a light wave and smiled. They were so precious. I again bowed to them before I went back to the car, and the driver drove me to the restaurant.

Chanyeol was waiting for me outside and I felt my cheeks heating up at his handsome features. "You can go home. I'll get a cab." I told my driver. I didn't want him to wait for me as it was cold and temperature was dropping immensely. He looked unsure, but my one look made him nod his head.

I came out of the car, and couldn't hide my surprise when Chanyeol stretched his hand out to me. "Anyong sunbae." I said softly and placed my hand in his as he pulled me inside.

"You can drop the honorific Iseul." he said playfully. We went to the private section, and I saw other members there too. "My birthday is this week, and they decided to throw an early party." he scratched the back of his head cutely, and I nodded in understanding.

"Hi." Sana and Xiumin waved to me, and I gave everyone a light bow. Everyone was smiling and waving at me, and I was sure I was red by now. Chen started talking to Kai about something, but whatever the matter was it wasn't pleasing the latter. 5nyx leader Alanna was standing in the corner and Suho was beside her, but both were silent. Baekhyun was smiling, texting on his phone to someone. Kyungsoo was feeding Sehun.

"Oh Chanyeol's girl is here!"

I turned around to see Fei, hand in hand with Lay. She checked me out up and down, and then smirked. "Lay. Don't you think she really is a Goddess in the real life too."

Lay shook his head, already done with her. "Hi, Iseul." he said. I gave him a tight lipped smile.

Wait. Did she just call me Chanyeol's girl? But why? I turned to Fei, and she smirked. "Do you know why are we having an early birthday party for the baby boy?" she came to me.

I wanted to step back, but stopped myself. "Huh?"

"Stop being a bitch." Sana glared at Fei, and gestured me to come to her. I looked back and forth between Fei and Sana, and awkwardly made my way to others. I glanced at Chanyeol and he was looking at Fei in disbelief. Lay and he communicated in eyes and then nodded to each other.

Could they read minds or something?

"Congratulations on your new album. It's a bop." Xiumin smiled.

I bowed slightly. "Thank you sunbae."

Sana wrapped an arm around me. "Iseul. It's a real pleasure to interact with you, but you need to loosen up. You're in our gang now. Just drop these formalities."

I chuckled. "Can I say something?" I asked, and she nodded. I leaned close to the couple, and whispered, "I'm scared of Fei unnie."

Sana burst out with laughing, and Xiumin chuckled. "We understand."

"Cake is here. Ta! Da!" A tall girl, I recognized as Sunhee, strolled inside with a chocolate cake in her hand, and everyone started chanting 'Happy birthday' for Chanyeol. I ducked my head and clapped my hands slowly as I sang the song.

He looked embarrassed, standing there with Lay. I was embarrassed myself because being here with the people who are this close to Chanyeol was surprising as well as heartwarming. He let me come here even after knowing their surprise, and included me in the part of his family.

"Noona, come here." Chanyeol waved at Alanna and she chuckled before walking to him. Everyone gathered around him and then he cut the cake. It was embarrassing for me to deny a large piece of cake because I was on diet, but he didn't mind. I only took a small bite, and wished him 'Happy birthday'.

"It must be tough. Huh?" Xiumin stood beside me as I watched Chanyeol feeding everyone cake.

I turned to him. "Huh?" I frowned.

"Dieting." he let out a deep sigh. "It's tough not to eat what you desire to keep yourself in check. I know how it feels."

"Those schoolmates of yours were idiots, sunbae. You're an amazing person." I told him, and he looked surprised by my words. "I'm an Exo-l. I know most of the things and all." I mumbled, embarrassed.

"Sometimes I forget how strong a fan's memory can be." Xiumin's smile widened. "I just want to tell you that it's okay to diet, but don't compromise with your health. People will always judge you. No matter how perfect you become in their eyes."

I lowered my eyes. "I know."

"And it's okay to cheat sometimes." he grinned, and cut a large piece of cake. "Live some Iseul. You're too young to think about those things." he gestured me to take it from his hand. I blinked back my tears, and ate the cake slowly. It was so mentally relaxing to hear those words from Xiumin because maybe I needed to hear them.

"Thanks." I smiled, and he patted my head before going over to Sana. She smiled gently in my direction and I replied with a nod. They were perfect for each other, warm and intelligent.

My phone started ringing, and I glanced at the caller ID. It was Sungjae Oppa. "Oppa." I walked to the corner to talk to him.

"Iseul, I'm on my way to dorms. Give me your address, I'll pick you up too." he said.

"Oppa. I'll manage."

"It's dangerous for you to go to your dorms in cab now. Your dorms are on my way. I'll drop you off." he insisted, and I gave in. I sent him an address and turned around to see Chanyeol coming to me.

"What is it?" he hovered over me, and I stopped myself from shivering on the close proximity.

"Ah... Yuna unnie must have asked Sungjae Oppa to take me to dorms. He's coming here." I cringed and I didn't even know why. It just felt wrong.

"You and Sungjae...." the wheels were turning in his mind, and I shook my head at once.

"We're from same company. That's why we're friends." I corrected him. Chanyeol looked at me for a moment, and nodded. "I have to leave now. Thanks for letting me come here. It felt amazing to meet with everyone."

"We didn't have coffee but." he joked.

"Well there is always a next time." I grinned, and he looked at me, amused. "I mean if we want." I looked away, flustered.

"Sure, Iseul."

I said my goodbyes to everyone, and then walked outside with Chanyeol, but unfortunately his phone started ringing and he excused himself.

"Iseul-ssi." Lay stood beside me, and I looked up to see him giving me a meaningful look. "Are you dating someone?" he asked.

My eyes widened at the question, but he he didn't look fazed. "Uh... No." I mumbled.

"Good." he gave me a dimple smile.

"Umm... Why sunbae?" I asked.

He opened his mouth to reply, but Chanyeol came at the exact moment. "Next time." he whispered. Lay smiled at me, and went inside.

"What did he say?" Chanyeol asked.

I looked at him. "Oh. Nothing. We were just talking about weather." I smiled awkwardly. Chanyeol didn't look convinced but nodded his head.

Well... I needed to meet Lay sunbae soon.